+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Very sad view from my trap in the Ninian yesterday

Very sad view from my trap in the Ninian yesterday

V bizarre sight from my trap in Canton yesterday.

Virtually the whole of Canton were standing for the whole game. I say virtually, since the end blocks (103 and 108/9) were split. The v edges of those respective blocks had folk sitting down, this then reverted to standing from there to centre.

I didn’t realise the club had designated standing. I can understand tendency of those directly behind goals to stand. However, the demographic changes as one fans out. Lots of parents with kids at edges of peripheral blocks, obviously frustrated, kids on shoulders etc. It must be v frustrating for those families, disabled as they see, no more than six feet away, everyone in adjacent blocks sitting down.

Not on really. What is the Club’s position?

What are stewards doing about it?

Ta

Re: Very sad view from my trap in the Ninian yesterday

😀😀First line should read “my trap in Ninian”.

Why were you in a trap? Who trapped you there, that's more concerning than the standing tbh..

Quote Originally Posted by The Charterhouse of Parma View Post
    V bizarre sight from my trap in Canton yesterday.

Virtually the whole of Canton were standing for the whole game. I say virtually, since the end blocks (103 and 108/9) were split. The v edges of those respective blocks had folk sitting down, this then reverted to standing from there to centre.

I didn’t realise the club had designated standing. I can understand tendency of those directly behind goals to stand. However, the demographic changes as one fans out. Lots of parents with kids at edges of peripheral blocks, obviously frustrated, kids on shoulders etc. It must be v frustrating for those families, disabled as they see, no more than six feet away, everyone in adjacent blocks sitting down.

Not on really. What is the Club’s position?

What are stewards doing about it?

Ta
    In my experience, stewards do absolutely nothing about it and neither does anybody else, until..there is the inevitable serious incident occurring, caused by the extremely dangerous practice of standing in seated areas. I have petitioned my MP, Nick Hurd, on this subject asking why safe standing areas are not being introduced in football stadia as they have been in other European countries, including Germany. I have pointed out that mass standing in seated areas means you are standing with your shins up against the seatback in front so that any surge forward would result in a carnage of broken legs as a minimum. I had back the usual complacent stock answer about all-seater stadia being much safer than stadia used to be when Hillsborough happened. Yes, but people are NOT SITTING - THEY'RE STANDING! Those of us who want to sit, can't, unless we know where to locate ourselves in the stadium. I understand totally why people want to stand, so give them safe standing areas and then the rest of us can sit. If some of these politicians like Hurd and Tracy Crouch, the Sports Minister actually attended a game, they'd see for themselves the reality of the situation. Nick Hurd is the Minister for Policing - I've asked him how many of his plods is he willing to deploy to enforce no standing at say, the Emirates. I've had no reply. Trying to get several thousand standing fans to sit down in their seats would be like herding cats!

I was out of the traps as soon as the final whistle went to beat the traffic!

I didn’t think you went to games, Cedric.

When I was a lot younger I used to love standing, either in the Grange end or on the bob bank. Stantion in front of you in all weathers, happy days. Last season I had a season ticket on the edge of the canton stand but have now moved to Ninian as I'm longer able to stand all the way through the game.

Go sit somewhere else then.

I assume club, stewards turn a blind eye then? Law of land says club must comply with legislation, but club obviously thinks the law’s an ass. Reprehensible attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by The Charterhouse of Parma View Post
    I assume club, stewards turn a blind eye then? Law of land says club must comply with legislation, but club obviously thinks the law’s an ass. Reprehensible attitude.
    Maybe you’d be better off sticking to watching the game on tv from your armchair.

Not sure you bothered to read earlier reference to kids, older supporters etc. Nope, thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    Maybe you’d be better off sticking to watching the game on tv from your armchair.
    Its a wind up just ignore.