+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I am back, Anyone miss me

I am back, Anyone miss me

I know Croesy Blue would have

So as people will know i spent the School Summer Holidays in the US, a few nights in NY then the rest in Orlando

5 airports and 7 Hotels later

I know we all love my rambling posts it'll help me stay awake till midnight in the quest to beat Jetlag

So New York, Stayed in the New Yorker hotel, nice enough Hotel, a little Tired and could do with a refurb, but it was clean and a good location to Time Sq / Broadway and the main stores, Now most say they love NY, I dont know what went wrong for us, but the amount of Homeless / Druggies were a little too much for my taste ( give me the sterile world of disney anyday ), we arrived on the weekend and did not see any homeless, I dont know if they move them on for the weekends ( shelters maybe ) ? ? ? but by midweek every way we walked we came across them, head down 8th and you bumped into a group of them at the subway station , then down 34th another group, I spoke to a Charity Homeless worker at 7/11 and asked about the guy that looked dead outside 7/11 he said NY has a massive Very strong opiate problem and they can Inject and be paralysed for 12 hours plus, very sad, In Orlando i spoke to a few Americans about NY and they said, go in the winter, the homeless cannot stay out in the cold
    When they get in your face and touch you, it becomes too much

Now while we were happy to get out of NY and head down south, i wouldnt talk people out of going, the sights were good, Empire state and Rockafeller Tower, Ellis Island was very good, very informative, then onto 9/11, nothing can prepare you for that, Some of the stories you read, the Bike, moved me a fair few times, the projection of the missing persons posters were very hard to view, we found " Stuffed " a Icecream stuffed Donut shop ( a Hell of a trek in the afternoon sun and temp of 36 C, but we made it

LGA airport is a funny one, The Line for security was mental and speaking to others passengers it is the norm, something needs to be done, plan plenty of time to get through it

then onto Disney, i know i have helped a few on here with a few idea's and plans, I spoke to a few City fans i saw, apologises to the guy at the POLY who walked past in his city shirt and shouted " BLUEBIRDS " fairly loud, hope the heart is ok ( he said he posts on here, so hi ) , the Family on 7 dwarfs minetrain were well chuffed to meet a fellow fan, the kids loved doing the ayatollah to me

The POLY is a outstanding resort, the theming is very special, gone to the top of my WDW resort list and while the price per night is silly money ( compared to other disney resorts ) we will stay again

The Marriott we stayed in was great, I know i have offered it up to people on here for my fee's, for the £1 K a week its a steal

Met Keith Lemon and family

loews royal pacific hotel at Universal, Ideal if you are wanting to get Universal / IOA down in 2 days, the night in the hotel was £350 and got us Front of the line pass's for the 2 days, a bargain that

We had a trip to Clearwater beach, Nice day out and the beach is white and the sea is warm, a change from disney parks, only a 2 hour drive Via Tampa, parking was easy enough, though plenty say its hard to park

Went to Cocoa Beach aswell, massive Ron Jon surf shop if you are into " surfwear " other side to Clearwater so Bigger waves and not as nice a beach, but not bad for the day

The Shopping outlets were rammed, very busy, loads of Brazilians and other South Americans, i guess the S American economy is doing well, they were spending alot of money

Attempting to get back to work tomorrow got to pay them Credit card Bills, On the plane on the way home it is always entertaining to see how much we spent, 2 weeks isnt too bad, this was but hey, do the crime, do the time and all that

Nice to see City not Bottom of the Prem sounded like a good game on Sunday

I will reply to the PM's i have had either later or tomorrow

Re: I am back, Anyone miss me

Any clues as to who you once were?

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Any clues as to who you once were?
    Oh come on, you know you loves me

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Oh come on, you know you loves me
    Still delusional then

Feck I need to get back to cleaning windows

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Feck I need to get back to cleaning windows
    So do I

Thinly veiled "I've been abroad on holiday" post.

Matt, you could cure insomnia with your anecdotes

matt you nicked the user name

Why on earth have I been name checked in this? At least it was in the first line I suppose because I wouldn’t have seen it if it was 2 lines further.

I quite liked the New Yorker. It’s location was superb. It was so hot though and as you walked out of the hotel the heat and manic nature of Manhattan really hit you. We didn’t like Times Square. It seemed a bit on edge there.
    Loved The Empire State Building. We went up it just before midnight. The Freedom Tower was not so impressive. We loved Central Park and enjoyed a WNBA game at Madison Square Gardens and the New York Mets baseball match at Citifields.

Been there and done it and don’t feel the need to go to New York again.
    Miami was decent. We have a nice hotel. The city was a lot bigger than we had expected but we enjoyed the boat trip along the Everglades and Little Havana culinary tour. Our lads did the jet skis too.

Good trip.

It really says something when Mike Morris' (AKA Moggis, or the Caerau skinhead's) lowest paid employee can afford to go globetrotting first class for weeks on end. He's enabled due to his 5% share of the ad revenue the boss collects on the gazillion pop-ups he fills the site with.

They swan around the world, while we, their victims, have to make do with a week or two at some cheap dump that's rammed with chav parents and their even smellier kids. Grr.

Didn't notice that you had gone if i'm honest.

The experiment was a huge success, please take a longer holiday next time

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I quite liked the New Yorker. It’s location was superb. It was so hot though and as you walked out of the hotel the heat and manic nature of Manhattan really hit you. We didn’t like Times Square. It seemed a bit on edge there.
    Loved The Empire State Building. We went up it just before midnight. The Freedom Tower was not so impressive. We loved Central Park and enjoyed a WNBA game at Madison Square Gardens and the New York Mets baseball match at Citifields.

Been there and done it and don’t feel the need to go to New York again.
    Miami was decent. We have a nice hotel. The city was a lot bigger than we had expected but we enjoyed the boat trip along the Everglades and Little Havana culinary tour. Our lads did the jet skis too.

Good trip.
    Glad you had a good time

I agree, the New Yorker was a great location, you must have had a better class room than me as i said, ours was a little tired

We did Empire state at opening, we were told its great to see the sky line appear after the " morning mist " and it was

Nope.

I didn't notice that you'd gone to be honest. Maybe if you went away for longer then I'd miss you a bit.
    We had a week in Cornwall btw incase you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    We had a week in Cornwall btw incase you're interested.
    Where to in Cornwall ? ? ?

We are going down for Oct 1/2 term for the week hope the sea isnt too cold so we can get the sticks wet

“Where to”😀😀😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Where to in Cornwall ? ? ?

We are going down for Oct 1/2 term for the week hope the sea isnt too cold so we can get the sticks wet
    Looe butt.