+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gnome help

Gnome help

Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a Cardiff City garden gnome as a joke present for a friend of mine.?
    I seem to recall seeing many over the years, now I want one, none of the garden centres have one and nothing on line.

Re: Gnome help

There's one in one of the cupboards in work, but it is wearing a red shirt.

I'd quite like a City Gnome too.

Try gnomebase or Gnome bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Try gnomebase or Gnome bargains

On a related point, Ive always thought the range of stuff in our club shop is poor. There are so many opportunities to sell stuff beyond just shirts and key rings. There's no imagination or entrepreneurial approach to things. This is another example. Gnomes are kitsch but loads of people would buy one for lots of reasons. Haven't been in there for a few months so apologies to the club if its changed but a quick look at other clubs websites would throw up lots of ideas

I have gnome idea where you’d buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I'd quite like a City Gnome too.
    I am a Cardiiff City Gnome

I agree the best club shop I have been in is Norwich city's.

I Got one of Gnomie Camball in my garden

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cardiff-Col.../dp/B07D6RJS9M

Might be the best one you’ll get

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I wonder if the single reviewer of the product is a City fan .

Does Amazon sell everything .

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Thanks cROESY. i have ordered that and will use my artistic skills to paint "bluebirds" on the base.
    My friend is an elderly oxford supporter and we have had plenty of banter over the years when both in Dubai.
    He has just undergone a quadruple heart by-pass operation, which was anything but smooth so he has been in a bad way for the past 3-4 weeks.
    He is now at home starting the recuperation process and i am going up next week to see him.
    He has a small pond in his garden with an Oxford united gnome so i am going to sneak this one in place to surprise him.
    Cheers

Sounds a nice idea mate!

I've got two,
    One for gnome and one for away.��

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Thanks cROESY. i have ordered that and will use my artistic skills to paint "bluebirds" on the base.
    My friend is an elderly oxford supporter and we have had plenty of banter over the years when both in Dubai.
    He has just undergone a quadruple heart by-pass operation, which was anything but smooth so he has been in a bad way for the past 3-4 weeks.
    He is now at home starting the recuperation process and i am going up next week to see him.
    He has a small pond in his garden with an Oxford united gnome so i am going to sneak this one in place to surprise him.
    Cheers
    Great story , things like this make me believe we still live in a nice world , hope he gets well soon , and has a giggle over it , why don't you get a cheap solar light and have it positioned so it lights it up in the night lol

Had a quick look on Ebay but couldn't find one. What I did find was a Cardiff City Ninian Park Tannoy unit
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cardiff-C...0AAOSwT8pbd~4s

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    On a related point, Ive always thought the range of stuff in our club shop is poor. There are so many opportunities to sell stuff beyond just shirts and key rings. There's no imagination or entrepreneurial approach to things. This is another example. Gnomes are kitsch but loads of people would buy one for lots of reasons. Haven't been in there for a few months so apologies to the club if its changed but a quick look at other clubs websites would throw up lots of ideas
    I’ve got a Gilligan and a Robin Friday one in my back garden.

I did used to have 2 in my front garden but some sad fecker stole them !

By the way, I bought all 4 from the club shop

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder if the single reviewer of the product is a City fan .

Does Amazon sell everything .
    Well whatever they do sell stands their boss in very good stead because he earns $36,000 a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Well whatever they do sell stands their boss in very good stead because he earns $36,000 a minute.
    It's unbelievable how be started this business on his own in the garage, a bit like Zuckerberg who was alone in his dormroom when he started Facebook. Lightening strikes twice!

Wish it would strike in my direction. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's unbelievable how be started this business on his own in the garage, a bit like Zuckerberg who was alone in his dormroom when he started Facebook. Lightening strikes twice!
    Incredible stories of sucess from nothing ,think the Mr IKEA story is on the same lines.

I know the tax thing looks large over them , however , I've saved a few bob in purchasing stuff that's twice the price from other outlets.

There could be a nice little market here selling garden gnomes in club colours. Seems there's no business like gnome business.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    There could be a nice little market here selling garden gnomes in club colours. Seems there's no business like gnome business.
    You could make a SMALL fortune.