+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactical predictions for Wales v Republic of Ireland

Re: Tactical predictions for Wales v Republic of Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ledley might start but he won't last the whole match. I'd chuck Ampadu in there and see what he can do. He's a very good player.
    You didn't say that though, you said it was instead of Chester.

Also, replying to qccfc, while is isn't an official qualifier, if we can win tonight we've got a hell of an opportunity given Denmark's situation. Then we'd only need one more positive result to qualify for the playoffs, and two bites at qualifying for Euro 2020. We have to take tonight and Sunday deadly seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No I didn't. I was replying to Zenith who mentioned Chester and Ledley/Ampadu.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Ramsey has to play in a three for me, with Allen and Ledley/Ampadu.

Why would you leave Chester out?

Give the ball to Gareth Bale and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think the start of a new tournament is always a good time to try to blend one or two emerging talents into the starting line up. So, I'd have Mepham in for Ashley Williams (Chester to be captain) if we're playing four at the back and I'd like to see Ampadu playing alongside Joe Allen in the deeper central midfield positions.

I'll be disappointed if Giggs opts for a "safety first" selection with plenty of members of what is fast becoming the old guard in.
    I would o for a 4-2-3-1 formation

Hennesey

Gunter Mepham Chester Davies

Allen Ampadu

Brooks Ramsey Bale

Vokes

Sprinkling of very promising youth in with the more experienced players.

If on form (and they seem to be so far this season) Bale and Ramsey could cause the Irish defence all kinds of problems but Wales would still have the security of Ampadu and Allen covering behind them if they press forward.

Also, replying to qccfc, while is isn't an official qualifier, if we can win tonight we've got a hell of an opportunity given Denmark's situation. Then we'd only need one more positive result to qualify for the playoffs, and two bites at qualifying for Euro 2020. We have to take tonight and Sunday deadly seriously.
    Exactly I don’t know why people are so desperate to call this a friendly when there’s actually a lot at stake

Heisenberg

Please, please, please... not Gunter.

I didn't expect that!

Based on Ampadu's many, many league appearances. We're not playing a friendly tonight, it's a proper game and Chester is our best centre back by a street.
    Still think Ampadu's not ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Still think Ampadu's not ready?
    I didn't want him to play centre back. I stand by that. He was exceptional last night though.

After his game here for Blackburn a few years ago Shane Duffy must have nightmares everytime he's picked to play at the CCS.
    Shame.

I didn't want him to play centre back. I stand by that. He was exceptional last night though.
    He's equally good when he plays at centre back, in fact his passing ability is a big asset when he plays in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Personally i would like to see - Lawrence, Brooks and Bale starting this game, that would ultimately see Bale leading the line. Whilst this isn't a friendly, it may be a time to look at this.

Ramsey and Allen are certain in my mind, do you then push and extra one in midfield and play a back four. This would free up Ramsey a bit. Or play 2 in the middle and play wing backs. I would probably look at Ampadu as part of a midfield 3.

Back 4 would be Davies, Mepham, Williams and Gunter.

I would have to look at this game with an eye on the future qualification campaign.
    Good post, we share the same thinking. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mepham/Ampadu partnership emerge at some point, with Smith playing as the defensive midfielder. The trouble is where do you play Ampadu? He looked like a box-to-box midfielder for Ramsey's goal!