+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 4 million UK children too poor to have a healthy diet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 4 million UK children too poor to have a healthy diet

Dreadful In this modern age .

The only point i'd like to make based on some personal close up experience of the issue of low income /benefits families and diets ,where we the decision is made to buy food lets say spuds , they buy frozen chips , not a bag of real spuds ,which are cheaper and longer lasting and healthier , as mash or jackets, it seems they default is frozen chips .

I also notice that in Asda / Aldi you can buy for fresh fruit , salads and soups , bread beans for a reasonable price now , it always though seems , they default to processed option or chippies or pizzas .

I think the report is well meaning and needs to be trumpeted ,but I also think the effort and attitudes of some parents in the lower income/benefits brackets is questionable .

In my personal experiences , when i'm now asked for money , which is often I now go and buy a healthy shop , just to help the children .

Heisenberg

Re: 4 million UK children too poor to have a healthy diet

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful In this modern age .

The only point i'd like to make based on some personal close up experience of the issue of low income /benefits families and diets ,where we the decision is made to buy food lets say spuds , they buy frozen chips , not a bag of real spuds ,which are cheaper and longer lasting and healthier , as mash or jackets, it seems they default is frozen chips .

I also notice that in Asda / Aldi you can buy for fresh fruit , salads and soups , bread beans for a reasonable price now , it always though seems , they default to processed option or chippies or pizzas .

I think the report is well meaning and needs to be trumpeted ,but I also think the effort and attitudes of some parents in the lower income/benefits brackets is questionable .

In my personal experiences , when i'm now asked for money , which is often I now go and buy a healthy shop , just to help the children .
    I genuinely couldn't take your post seriously since you believe potatoes are longer lasting than frozen chips.