+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robert Earnshaw

Robert Earnshaw

Since we sent robots to Mars before sending humans,isn’t it possible that the first extraterrestrials that we encounter on earth could not be the aliens themselves, but might be their technology instead?
    Didn't see that coming from earnies twitter

Re: Robert Earnshaw

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Didn't see that coming from earnies twitter
    Neither did NASA

Their 'technology' would not be categorised as extra-terrestrials.

Earnie's twitter is full of stuff like this.

Such as:
    Sky above me
    Water beneath me
    Fire within me

and:
    It's one of my theories that when people give you advice,
    They are really just talking to themselves in the past.

The Fermi paradox is quite interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Earnie's twitter is full of stuff like this.

Such as:
    Sky above me
    Water beneath me
    Fire within me

and:
    It's one of my theories that when people give you advice,
    They are really just talking to themselves in the past.
    Anything about "seagulls & boats" ????

He turns up occasionally on Talk Sport in the early hours of the morning spouting rubbish but nothing as daft as his twittering.

There's no room in football for philosophical musings(!)

4+3=7
    5+2=7.

Choose your own path

Presumably he meant the first evidence of extra-terrestrials

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    4+3=7
    5+2=7.

Choose your own path
    Did he actually tweet that??

Presumably he meant the first evidence of extra-terrestrials
    But wouldn't that have been stating the obvious? As far as our own species is concerned there is far more evidence our existence in deep space than just the handful of people in the space station circuiting our planet. One interesting scenario would be whereby extra-terrestrials send microbes and the like which can transmit information back to them. I recently watched a documentary in which microbes were able to carry out tasks in a way that mimicked organisational logic.

But wouldn't that have been stating the obvious? As far as our own species is concerned there is far more evidence our existence in deep space than just the handful of people in the space station circuiting our planet. One interesting scenario would be whereby extra-terrestrials send microbes and the like which can transmit information back to them. I recently watched a documentary in which microbes were able to carry out tasks in a way that mimicked organisational logic.
    It probably is stating the obvious, but this is Robert Earnshaw, not Brian Cox

Someone from the 19th century would have had trouble comprehending a man made satellite passing over him even if he did spot the star like light moving strangely.

There is no way we would identify an advanced civilisations technology.

All these ufo sightings are funny, they travel thousands or millions of lightyears but forget to turn the headlights off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Someone from the 19th century would have had trouble comprehending a man made satellite passing over him even if he did spot the star like light moving strangely.

There is no way we would identify an advanced civilisations technology.

All these ufo sightings are funny, they travel thousands or millions of lightyears but forget to turn the headlights off.
    A UFO is an unidentified object and not necessarily an alien craft, of course

Whilst I believe that there other civilisations out there I have a sneaky feeling that if anyone of them sent a probe/rocket etc to earth it would be blasted out of the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Whilst I believe that there other civilisations out there I have a sneaky feeling that if anyone of them sent a probe/rocket etc to earth it would be blasted out of the sky.
    If any civilisations were able to come this far their technology would probably be superior than that of anything we have in trying to destroy them.

It probably is stating the obvious, but this is Robert Earnshaw, not Brian Cox
    Difficult to be a snooty prick if one was to take that obvious point into account though 😉

If any civilisations were able to come this far their technology would probably be superior than that of anything we have in trying to destroy them.
    that is a very good point you have made. Don't suppose it would stop us attempting to blast it but like you say it would probably have a very sophisticated defence system.