+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonight's Captain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tonight's Captain

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    People trying to compare Williams with other 'dual' national players, are really getting confused.

Some of these players have come through the Welsh schoolboy and junior section, and nearly all have one Welsh parent.

If you want a fair comparison, then compare Williams with Ryan Shawcross and Ben Turner. Both have the same eligibility as him, i.e one grandparent, but both politely declined as they were more English, and didn't want to deprive Welsh players of caps.

The fact that Williams accepted tells you all you need to know about the guy, and his ego.
    So why aren’t you blaming Bryan Flynn for making the approach in the first place? Williams started making his way in the professional game late so missed out on age grade football. Presumably you were against HRK playing for Wales? Vokes? Etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So why aren’t you blaming Bryan Flynn for making the approach in the first place? Williams started making his way in the professional game late so missed out on age grade football. Presumably you were against HRK playing for Wales? Vokes? Etc etc.
    I don't like us asking any English players to play for us, just because England don't want them.

I'd rather us play with 11 Welsh players that's all. Why should we be second best?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I don't like us asking any English players to play for us, just because England don't want them.

I'd rather us play with 11 Welsh players that's all. Why should we be second best?
    Yeah but you’re happy to have a player whose parent may be Welsh but who may have never set foot in Wales in their entire life. At least Williams lived in Wales for nine years. If you want to go down your route we will never qualify for anything and yet more great Welsh players will miss out on finals just like Rush, Hughes, Ratcliffe, Giggs, Southall etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yeah but you’re happy to have a player whose parent may be Welsh but who may have never set foot in Wales in their entire life. At least Williams lived in Wales for nine years. If you want to go down your route we will never qualify for anything and yet more great Welsh players will miss out on finals just like Rush, Hughes, Ratcliffe, Giggs, Southall etc.
    Let's go down your route and become England's 2nd XI.

If we don't have players good enough, then we don't qualify. I have no problem with that.

Mind you, it's a lot easier to qualify these days with so many team at major finals, I'm sure we'd be fine.