+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Captain

Re: Tonight's Captain

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This post sums up the reason why I will never watch them live , the way folk critise players because they are not pure born Welsh , but do wish to play for us , or play for Swansea,
    how we booed Coleman at the beginning of his career as the Welsh manager , because he dared to play for Swansea , then hailed him as a great Manager due to the Euro's , how we booed Giggs when he played at Cardiff for Man Utd , instead of showing the due respect of his playing achivements as one of the greatest Premieship players of all time , then posting negative comments about his appointment as a Welsh manager , it's all it bit rich now,
    as we now smile , and enjoy the pride after a great win , yep smacks of hyporiciy.
    You miss the point entirely. Williams never CHOSE to play for Wales, he never had a CHOICE.

He selfishly played for Wales, because he thought he'd never get a game for his own country, and in doing so denied Welsh players caps for their country.

If he had a choice, he'd obviously play for his own country.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    You miss the point entirely. Williams never CHOSE to play for Wales, he never had a CHOICE.

He selfishly played for Wales, because he thought he'd never get a game for his own country, and in doing so denied Welsh players caps for their country.

How do you really know that though although it could be very likely it’s not a fact Is it

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How do you really know that though although it could be very likely it’s not a fact Is it
    What? You actually think Williams chose to play for Wales, rather than England?

I think he may regret his selfish decision a little now mind, Ryan Shawcross (he's also as 'Welsh' as Ashley), got a cap for England when they were struggling for centre backs, even Williams might have been in with a shout

What? You actually think Williams chose to play for Wales, rather than England?

I think he may regret his selfish decision a little now mind, Ryan Shawcross (he's also as 'Welsh' as Ashley), got a cap for England when they were struggling for centre backs, even Williams might have been in with a shout
    You don't know the guy personally. Ampadu and Brooks are certainly far too young to put in the category of "no chance will they play for England" yet both have declared for Wales. Williams may have felt no different.

Just guessing really aren't you?

Thank the Lord that Zola Budd never ran through Grangetown, he’d have put tin tacks down for her bare feet🤣

I thought your OP did make one or two points,ie,his timing and athleticism is on the wane and he was more exposed than when Colman was manager but you are talking out of your brown hole on the above.

According to Wikipedia...

"In December 2010, Williams established the charity WillsWorld with his wife Vanessa, with a view to helping under-privileged children. He is also a patron of Street Football Wales which fights social exclusion, and the Ethan Perkins Trust (based in Swansea), which raises funds for research, support and awareness into childhood brain tumours."

What a bastard!

Of course he had a choice. How do you know that he never thought he would get a game for England? You don’t know this at all. As it happens he would have been good enough to have played for England five or six years ago anyway.
    Just for once give him some credit. When he started playing for Wales we were a poor poor side. So he hardly did it for the glory. He has always given 100% to the cause and has suffered nasty injuries as a result. He never ever misses friendlies. He has always been committed. Always.

To put it simply for you he is the best and most successful captain we have had in our history.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Of course he had a choice. How do you know that he never thought he would get a game for England? You don’t know this at all. As it happens he would have been good enough to have played for England five or six years ago anyway.
    Just for once give him some credit. When he started playing for Wales we were a poor poor side. So he hardly did it for the glory. He has always given 100% to the cause and has suffered nasty injuries as a result. He never ever misses friendlies. He has always been committed. Always.

To put it simply for you he is the best and most successful captain we have had in our history.
    we need a clapping hand smiley

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    we need a clapping hand smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

This

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    According to Wikipedia...

"In December 2010, Williams established the charity WillsWorld with his wife Vanessa, with a view to helping under-privileged children. He is also a patron of Street Football Wales which fights social exclusion, and the Ethan Perkins Trust (based in Swansea), which raises funds for research, support and awareness into childhood brain tumours."

What a bastard!
    He's a top lad , added more to life and Wales than many who are alledgly Welsh fans .

Even the new midfeid lad Ampadu was born in Exeter England, let's hope his form doesn't desert him.

To the OP, how would you feel about Ampadu taking the armband in a few years?

Ash has been fantastic for us hes played at a high standard for Wales and Swansea and by the way im a city season ticket holder give the man a break he left Swansea and look what happened

Wouldn't it be nice to see a Welshman wearing the armband again.

Now that Williams actual defending 'skills' have been brutally exposed for all to see, surely he's finished with Wales.

Since the tippy tappy game has finished, he's been an embarrassment, first at Everton, and now at Stoke.

Not quite as embarrassing as his fake dreadlocks mind, apparently he spent a few grand to get his new "look"

Where’s the useless ginger ....the one that always made blunders costing goals or getting himself sent off?

Who did he deny the opportunity to win caps for Wales and what impact on the team would they have had?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Who did he deny the opportunity to win caps for Wales and what impact on the team would they have had?
    Mike England was looking for a comeback and because of English born Ash, England's place went to English Ash,bloody tradegy if you ask me .

Haha grangetownblue made to look silly yet again.

Bale officially named as captain

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Welsh football players? And how would anyone what impact they would have on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    Haha grangetownblue made to look silly yet again.
    I missed that, what happened? Who made me look silly?

I'll Ave em!!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Bale officially named as captain

I missed that, what happened? Who made me look silly?

I'll Ave em!!
    Well it does seem incredibly churlish to bang on about your pet subject immediately after the team just recorded a fabulous victory.

You know why we lost to Denmark tonight? I'll tell you why! Coz super Captain Ash wasn't on the pitch! What do you have to say to that?

I'm still in Copenhagen, sorry for the delay!

Unfortunately I don't have time to respond to you all individually, apologies for that.

I am glad to report though, that the views of some on this MB, aren't the views of the majority of Welsh fans out here.

They want Welshmen playing for Wales, not English rejects!

Have some pride in your country.