+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonight's Captain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tonight's Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Are these the same welsh fans that were singing Hal Robson-Kanu's name on Thursday and Sunday? Are these the same fans that lost their absolute marbles like I did when Vokes scored vs Belgium in Lille. Or are you just telling pork pies. How boring are you that you go round asking this question every Wales game? I suppose you don't rate Brooks or Ampadu?

Anyone that puts that shirt on and wears it with pride deserves nothing but respect and support. Ash is the best captain we've ever had and possibly ever will have. He's always turned up, he always gives his all and he cares, which is more than can be said for some of our welsh born players in the Toshack era.
    "He always turned up"...... I love that one

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    "He always turned up"...... I love that one
    During the Toshack years half our squad pulled out with "injuries". When did Ash do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    During the Toshack years half our squad pulled out with "injuries". When did Ash do that?
    In them days managers called the shots, these days it's players and their agents.
    It's really that simple.

People trying to compare Williams with other 'dual' national players, are really getting confused.

Some of these players have come through the Welsh schoolboy and junior section, and nearly all have one Welsh parent.

If you want a fair comparison, then compare Williams with Ryan Shawcross and Ben Turner. Both have the same eligibility as him, i.e one grandparent, but both politely declined as they were more English, and didn't want to deprive Welsh players of caps.

The fact that Williams accepted tells you all you need to know about the guy, and his ego.

People trying to compare Williams with other 'dual' national players, are really getting confused.

Some of these players have come through the Welsh schoolboy and junior section, and nearly all have one Welsh parent.

If you want a fair comparison, then compare Williams with Ryan Shawcross and Ben Turner. Both have the same eligibility as him, i.e one grandparent, but both politely declined as they were more English, and didn't want to deprive Welsh players of caps.

The fact that Williams accepted tells you all you need to know about the guy, and his ego.
    So why aren’t you blaming Bryan Flynn for making the approach in the first place? Williams started making his way in the professional game late so missed out on age grade football. Presumably you were against HRK playing for Wales? Vokes? Etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So why aren’t you blaming Bryan Flynn for making the approach in the first place? Williams started making his way in the professional game late so missed out on age grade football. Presumably you were against HRK playing for Wales? Vokes? Etc etc.
    I don't like us asking any English players to play for us, just because England don't want them.

I'd rather us play with 11 Welsh players that's all. Why should we be second best?

I don't like us asking any English players to play for us, just because England don't want them.

I'd rather us play with 11 Welsh players that's all. Why should we be second best?
    Yeah but you’re happy to have a player whose parent may be Welsh but who may have never set foot in Wales in their entire life. At least Williams lived in Wales for nine years. If you want to go down your route we will never qualify for anything and yet more great Welsh players will miss out on finals just like Rush, Hughes, Ratcliffe, Giggs, Southall etc.

In them days managers called the shots, these days it's players and their agents.
    It's really that simple.
    Eh? If manager’s called the shots why were half the squad pulling out with injuries? Who has been more committed to Wales? Welsh born Ryan Giggs or English born Ashley Williams? Did you celebrate when HRK scored our second v Belgium in the Euro quarter final btw?