+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How do we compare today to our 2014 side in the PL?

How do we compare today to our 2014 side in the PL?

The 2014 finished rock bottom but managed to win 7 games and collected 30 points.

Player for player we're probably close, with that squad having more talent in players like Medel and Zaha (From Jan). I just think the rest of the league has come on since then and gotten stronger.

Re: How do we compare today to our 2014 side in the PL?

I think were a better side .

And the league since 2014 has become more two tier,which I'm hopefully allows to compete with more teams on an even level .
    It will be tough though.

Re: How do we compare today to our 2014 side in the PL?

Last time out we only dropped 4 points against the 3 teams that finished immediately above us, meaning nearly half our tally came against the teams that finished 17-19th. Having done well in those 6 pointers, we only managed 16 out of 96 against the rest, or half a point a game.

I think this is a better, more attacking squad than the one 5 years ago. However, I was expecting a couple more points at this stage than we've managed. We could well grow into the season, where players with no experience at this level step up and learn what's needed. That's the hope. If it doesn't happen, then down we go.