+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu

Ethan Ampadu

He'll be a decent player when he grows up

Re: Ethan Ampadu

WOL Star Man

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-15121168

Teenage Wales and Chelsea player Ethan Ampadu has just blown everyone away with a midfield masterclass

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ethan-15121347

He sprayed 60 yard passes effortlessly, what a player.

He will be a Wales regular from 2019, I think Joe Ledley still has part to play this year.

That was a pretty special performance from him tonight, he loooked like a seasoned international footballer not a 17 year old lad. He needs to be playing regularly. God I wish City could get him on loan.

A view from an Irish journalist at Goal.com

Ronan Murphy Verified account @swearimnotpaul

Ethan Ampadu has played 8 League Two games and 10 minutes of Premier League football. Absolutely demolished Ireland’s midfield tonight. #WALIRL

1:21 pm - 6 Sep 2018

https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/s...98053284139009

What a game for him

Just think how good he would be if he got a haircut

Would love to get Ampadu in on loan in January, would be a breath of fresh air in our midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Would love to get Ampadu in on loan in January, would be a breath of fresh air in our midfield.
    Why don't you ask him when you interview him?

Cracking player. Didn't realise he's the son of former Swansea midfielder Kwame Ampadu.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    That was a pretty special performance from him tonight, he loooked like a seasoned international footballer not a 17 year old lad. He needs to be playing regularly. God I wish City could get him on loan.
    He's surely going to be staying at Chelsea based on that performance. Smith from Man City, who looked very good when he came on, might be a possibility for us mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's surely going to be staying at Chelsea based on that performance. Smith from Man City, who looked very good when he came on, might be a possibility for us mind.
    I reckon it’s just a matter of time before he gets his chance with Chelsea. It’ll be interesting to see if they play him in midfield or centre half. He looks like the type of player who would be equally comfortable in both positions.
    Matt Smith is already out on loan at FC Twente, presumably it’s a season long loan.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't think we'll get a player from Pep's Man City for a while! Smith is on loan at FC Twente currently - I don't know if it's a 6 month or year deal.

For those wondering Matt Smith’s loan is a year long loan. Again, another player who looked brilliant on the ball last night.

What a future these youngsters have, looks to be another golden generation.

For those wondering Matt Smith’s loan is a year long loan. Again, another player who looked brilliant on the ball last night.

What a future these youngsters have, looks to be another golden generation.
    It's promising at the moment, be interesting to see how they develop at their clubs as there will be some who don't live up to their early promise. Just need as many as possible who can and playing in matches like last night will only help in that.

They need games though; if he has no hint of breaking through at Chelsea, Ampadu needs a loan on January.

Looking forward to seeing how we get on against the Danes, as good as last night was there was little coming back from Roi.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's promising at the moment, be interesting to see how they develop at their clubs as there will be some who don't live up to their early promise. Just need as many as possible who can and playing in matches like last night will only help in that.

They need games though; if he has no hint of breaking through at Chelsea, Ampadu needs a loan on January.

Looking forward to seeing how we get on against the Danes, as good as last night was there was little coming back from Roi.
    Tbf Ampadu is only 17 how many players play regularly when they're 17 or 18. It would be good to see him playing more but maybe at his age he's getting more training with the Chelsea first team and being coached by Sarri then he is getting lumps kicked out of him in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I reckon it’s just a matter of time before he gets his chance with Chelsea. It’ll be interesting to see if they play him in midfield or centre half. He looks like the type of player who would be equally comfortable in both positions.
    Matt Smith is already out on loan at FC Twente, presumably it’s a season long loan.
    Chelsea is the worst club to break through at. They've won something like 5 youth cups out of 7 and nobody comes through.

If he’s not captain of wales by 23 there’s something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Chelsea is the worst club to break through at. They've won something like 5 youth cups out of 7 and nobody comes through.
    When you see the names that didn't really make it there - Kevin De Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku, Mo Salah, Daniel Sturridge etc. it does make you wonder.

But who knows, things could be different with Ampadu.

What a breath of fresh air this kid is, totally bossed the midfield and so so confident on the ball ...... still cant believe he's only 17

When you see the names that didn't really make it there - Kevin De Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku, Mo Salah, Daniel Sturridge etc. it does make you wonder.

If they keep this sarri for a good few years you’ll see a good few of youngsters coming through there

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    If they keep this sarri for a good few years you’ll see a good few of youngsters coming through there
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    As Jamie says, Sarri basically turned the same Napoli side from a good side to one who got 90+ points. You'd hope that Chelsea would give him a chance, as he's only 17 (soon to be 18) a season of him on the fringes learning from Sarri, playing with Jorginho etc could be a benefit for him. I'd say after that though, he needs to play. He's good enough to play Premier League football already.

Didn't really make it THERE, but all made it.
    I think Chelsea is a decent move for a youngster. You get excellent coaching, train with other top prospects and usually get excellent opportunities on loan. They have links with Vitesse in Holland, which is where mason mount went last season.

The Dr bruyne and Lukaku sales were Chelsea looking to comply with FFP, if they had taken other clubs approaches and ignored it or found a loophole they would probably still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Didn't really make it THERE, but all made it.
    I think Chelsea is a decent move for a youngster. You get excellent coaching, train with other top prospects and usually get excellent opportunities on loan. They have links with Vitesse in Holland, which is where mason mount went last season.

The Dr bruyne and Lukaku sales were Chelsea looking to comply with FFP, if they had taken other clubs approaches and ignored it or found a loophole they would probably still be there.
    I'm not sure I agree with that statement about FFP, Mourinho didn't rate them. Same with Salah, and if you speak to Lampard etc, they've said the same thing. They were all amazed that they've made it based on their Chelsea showings although that probably says more about Mourinho than anything else.