+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethan Ampadu

Re: Ethan Ampadu

He had plenty of game-time during the pre-season, and more often than not Luiz and Christensen would pass to Ampadu for him to play the final ball out of defence. He combined well with Jorginho, and my conclusion was he should start the first EPL game of the season. I fully understand why he didn't, but he is ready to play at the highest level. A couple of mistakes might set a young player back, but he is so calm and level headed I don't think it would affect him. I remember against Bournemouth last season he got a yellow card after a few minutes and he didn't change his game at all, and was awarded man of the match. Anyway, he will keep on improving, and we haven't seen the best of him yet. As Giggs said after the match, he is going to be a magnificent player.

The Sky pundits were impressed too ..

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...says-phil-babb

for those that didn't notice, Ampadu sung every single word of the anthem last night, beautiful to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    for those that didn't notice, Ampadu sung every single word of the anthem last night, beautiful to see!
    I also noticed that when Ramsey messed up for the Irish goal, it was Ampadu who jogged back from the halfway line to pick him up off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I also noticed that when Ramsey messed up for the Irish goal, it was Ampadu who jogged back from the halfway line to pick him up off the floor.
    Indeed it was, excellent

Indeed it was, excellent
    It's the little things like this which can't be coached. He'll make a great captain one day

He did. He wasn’t mumbling it either, he was singing it loud and proud. Good lad.

It's the little things like this which can't be coached. He'll make a great captain one day

But he's English?

Very Ray Wilkins esque in places I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Very Ray Wilkins esque in places I thought.
    really?..

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    really?..
    Not the hair though.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But he's English?
    His mam is welsh though, my mrs isn’t welsh and I don’t live in Wales but if I have kids they’d support Wales

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Cracking player. Didn't realise he's the son of former Swansea midfielder Kwame Ampadu.
    Oh god no , Swansea connection and English born ,look out Ash, your hatred crown is being transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh god no , Swansea connection and English born ,look out Ash, your hatred crown is being transferred.
    And he's got funny hair god help him

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    And he's got funny hair god help him
    And he's just given a penalty away , English born ,long haired jack ,I hear em cry , from the streets of Grangtown

Wasn’t great today

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wasn’t great today
    Send the charlatan back to Exeter!

Send the charlatan back to Exeter!
    Bring Ashley back in midfield all is forgiven.

The lads young , I do wonder if two international games so close together , and so much spotlight, was a bit too much , the Irish midfield was nowhere as technical as Denmark's, whose player's were well rested.