Thread: Boris the pig

Boris the pig

Cheating on his wife again! And some people want him as next PM

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-long-13205203

Re: Boris the pig

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Cheating on his wife again! And some people want him as next PM

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-long-13205203
    Why do people in high office, feel they can get away with this stuff is bemusing. He could indeed be the next PM which is frightening

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why do people in high office, feel they can get away with this stuff is bemusing. He could indeed be the next PM which is frightening

I wouldn’t be surprised if the odious prick still ends up Prime Minister.

When you think of the talent the United Kingdom has produced it coukd well end up with an oversized lazy man child bufffoon as Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

When you think of the talent the United Kingdom has produced it coukd well end up with an oversized lazy man child bufffoon as Prime Minister
    Yes indeed,I doubt it though

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

Whst a choice Boris or Jeremy!!!

There surely must be someone better out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Whst a choice Boris or Jeremy!!!

There surely must be someone better out there.
    There is , but they are being marginalised ,
    deselected , in both the Labour and Tory parties.

And today the idiot uses a “suicide vest” pun to attack his leader.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45462900

Is he Nicks love child

Is he Nicks love child
    It's like the Trump tweets , by spouting outrageous comments it detracts from the main story / issue ,in this case the affair, trouble is the know public are gullable headline grabbers.

Is he Nicks love child
    1. Are you referring to me in your post?

2. You seem to be inferring Boris is a racist.

3. You, therefore, also appear to be inferring I’m racist too.

4. Please provide evidence of this.

5.when you fail to do so, please apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    1. Are you referring to me in your post?

2. You seem to be inferring Boris is a racist.

3. You, therefore, also appear to be inferring I’m racist too.

4. Please provide evidence of this.

5.when you fail to do so, please apologise.
    1. Yes of course I am.

2. Boris is a racist, that’s news to me.

3. If the cap fits.

4. Nope.

5. Get stuffed.

Hope theses replies are helpful

1. Yes of course I am.

2. Boris is a racist, that’s news to me.

3. If the cap fits.

4. Nope.

5. Get stuffed.

Hope theses replies are helpful
    Apology accepted.

Moving swiftly on I fail to see how rank and file Tories could vote for this idiot. I love the way people are saying he’s challenging the ‘elite’

Because the elite aren’t ex foreign secretaries who went to Eton anf write for
    established newspapaers now is it?

He's achieved what he set out to do ,hes no fool ;
    He's managed to down play the affair .
    He's kept his name in the headlines.
    He's set this put as play for the leadership.
    He's made controversial enough for it to stay in the headline.

The man knows what hes doing , just watch the Trump election run up and some of that vitriol,wonder if hes been advised by Steve Bannon ???

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's achieved what he set out to do ,hes no fool ;
    He's managed to down play the affair .
    He's kept his name in the headlines.
    He's set this put as play for the leadership.
    He's made controversial enough for it to stay in the headline.

The man knows what hes doing , just watch the Trump election run up and some of that vitriol,wonder if hes been advised by Steve Bannon ???
    That's a very generous summary.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    its about right though unless I've missed something that hasn't happened,with politics its about reading between the lines and agendas for both parties

He’s right though and it’s very much out of the Bannon playbook

But I think it's a pretty accurate one. More than any modern politician I know, Boris Johnson's whole outlook on life is governed by what benefits him most. If he had concluded that his chances of the highest office would have been best served by being a remainer dedicated to getting a second referendum while speaking out against the intolerance of the far right then that's what we would be seeing from him now. Instead, he has figured, possibly rightly, that his cause is best served by being Britain's version of Donald Trump, ready and willing to say and do anything which keeps his name in the headlines.

I've mentioned before that I was no fan of Margaret Thatcher, but at least she was a conviction politician who believed wholeheartedly in her cause. If Johnson has any convictions, they are paper thin and can be easily lost if needs be. To me, it is so easy to see Johnson for what he is that I'm amazed there are people who don't, or don't want to, get it - the idea that we could soon have him or Rees-Mogg as Prime Minister is one of the biggest indictments of twenty first century Britain that I can think of.

I probably needed more than a sentence to express what I meant. Yes, it's about right as to what has happened but when I said generous I meant about him knowing what he's doing.

I don't think he's playing a smart game here. Britain clearly does have a problem with distrust of foreigners but I don't think we have the same hotbed that there is in America. Phrases like suicide vest are too far for most people (maybe this is more my hope than reality but I do think for the majority that is too far).

I do agree that he's playing a game but I don't think he's going to win it and I don't think he's achieved anything yet. That's why I said generous, not because I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    But I think it's a pretty accurate one. More than any modern politician I know, Boris Johnson's whole outlook on life is governed by what benefits him most. If he had concluded that his chances of the highest office would have been best served by being a remainer dedicated to getting a second referendum while speaking out against the intolerance of the far right then that's what we would be seeing from him now. Instead, he has figured, possibly rightly, that his cause is best served by being Britain's version of Donald Trump, ready and willing to say and do anything which keeps his name in the headlines.

I've mentioned before that I was no fan of Margaret Thatcher, but at least she was a conviction politician who believed wholeheartedly in her cause. If Johnson has any convictions, they are paper thin and can be easily lost if needs be. To me, it is so easy to see Johnson for what he is that I'm amazed there are people who don't, or don't want to, get it - the idea that we could soon have him or Rees-Mogg as Prime Minister is one of the biggest indictments of twenty first century Britain that I can think of.
    Politics around the world changed when Trump got into Power, people actually think " it might be a good idea to give him a go " rather than follow the traditional " I vote Labour / Tory and always will " It seems people actually will vote for the politician these days

Rees-Mogg or Boris , its a tough choice

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Politics around the world changed when Trump got into Power, people actually think " it might be a good idea to give him a go " rather than follow the traditional " I vote Labour / Tory and always will " It seems people actually will vote for the politician these days

Rees-Mogg or Boris , its a tough choice
    Tories and Labour both increased their share of the vote massively in 2017. They went from 67% to 82%.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He’s right though and it’s very much out of the Bannon playbook
    I think what lardy was saying is that it won't work. Boris has practically no natural allies within the party, his current bedfellows, the eurosceptics, don't trust him. There is a good chance he doesn't even make the list because the process is so easily manipulated.

Absolutely nothing lifeonmars said was 'reading between the lines', boris is as transparent as they come.