+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we witnessing the birth of another ‘golden generation’?

Are we witnessing the birth of another ‘golden generation’?

The Welsh youngsters were outstanding last night and the start of this new era is something to be excited about. What does the future hold?

https://behindthegoal16.wordpress.co...en-generation/

Re: Are we witnessing the birth of another ‘golden generation’?

A good write-up, but Hal Robson-Kanu has retired from international football.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A good write-up, but Hal Robson-Kanu has retired from international football.
    Didn’t I not say that 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Didn’t I not say that ��
    You said he was injured Pity really, as I like his enthusiam and he is still only 29.

i said last night to my daughter, this team could go on and better the euro 16 team, maybe not the semi's but the consistency and qualifying for majors more often

You said he was injured Pity really, as I like his enthusiam and he is still only 29.
    Thanks for that, I have edited. I really think he could offer this team something more.

The Welsh youngsters were outstanding last night and the start of this new era is something to be excited about. What does the future hold?

https://behindthegoal16.wordpress.co...en-generation/
    Bale’s gonna take some replacing to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Bale’s gonna take some replacing to be fair
    Yes he will as he’s a world class player who can win a game on his own.
    On the other hand we’re developing strength in depth throughout the team now so the reliability we had on that one player to win us the game should reduce...hopefully.

It was a really pleasing offensive performance, but I can't stand this while golden generation talk. It's all about selling headlines rather than anything else. Looking forward to seeing everyone develop and inspiring another generation behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It was a really pleasing offensive performance, but I can't stand this while golden generation talk. It's all about selling headlines rather than anything else. Looking forward to seeing everyone develop and inspiring another generation behind them.
    Not sure what your point is. The golden generation phrase is only used to describe a great crop of youngsters coming through at the same time and performing exceptionally. A lot of these players will go on to do great things for Wales, 100%.

Yes let's not get too carried away.
    Denmark are back to full strength for their game against us so let's see how we do.
    ROI were pitiful

There certainly already looks like there are enough players for next 6 years without needing anymore to come through.

I think the qualities of the likes of Bale may never be seen again not only is he one of the best players in the world his attitude is perfect as is the position he plays.

Does make me wonder how much previous team under achieved considering some of the players

Let's see how we line up on Sunday, now that we have cunningly capped every player that needed to be tied down

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    There certainly already looks like there are enough players for next 6 years without needing anymore to come through.

I think the qualities of the likes of Bale may never be seen again not only is he one of the best players in the world his attitude is perfect as is the position he plays.

Does make me wonder how much previous team under achieved considering some of the players
    Ampadu could be at the level of his quality in 10 years but obviously in a different position.

I highly doubt we’ll ever see someone of Bale’s attacking quality for a very long time.

Who is in our group for the next euro qualifiers? Can’t recall it

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not been done yet

Ampadu could be at the level of his quality in 10 years but obviously in a different position.

I highly doubt we’ll ever see someone of Bale’s attacking quality for a very long time.
    You never know, Bale started out as a full-back

Don’t think they’ve done the draw, have they?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i said last night to my daughter, this team could go on and better the euro 16 team, maybe not the semi's but the consistency and qualifying for majors more often
    I think we need to produce another exceptional world class player to supplement these excellent prospects, in the mold of Bale and Giggs ,here you get those very special moments of skill and goals, only delivered by the very special players .

Must be soon

Must be soon
    It’s definitely before Christmas...Nov/Dec time. I think the qualifiers then start in March.

The draw for the EURO qualifiers (MAR-NOV) will be on 2nd December 2018 in Dublin.

But , but but , he's from Exeter?

I would say no.