+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Denmark 2 - 0 Wales. Match thread

Re: Denmark v Wales. Match thread

No one is coming out of this game with any credit

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Why was he even in the side?
    No idea all he does is back off and invite the attacker on, is he starting for your boys?

Corny's On!

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Think we all got carried away with Thursday , brought back down to earth with a bump
    Some did, I think most can accept these things take time. In addition to better opposition we look a bit off the pace today which annoys me more than the result.

Radio Wales breakfast were making out we won the world cup on Friday though so not sure what they will say tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    No one is coming out of this game with any credit
    Got to be said, Giggs Out.

We have been well beaten today. The tempo has been so slow at times. Our final ball has been dreadful. A bit of a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    No idea all he does is back off and invite the attacker on, is he starting for your boys?
    He’s just got back in the side after an injury. His days are numbered though. Yiadom is a better right back and when Obita is fit he will be our left back. There was no need to drop Brooks and push Roberts forward. Just keep it as it was.
    We were poor in central midfield. Ramsey was disappointing as were Bale and Allen. Hennessey about the only good performer today.

God, you're a miserable lot on here! This is what you get with teams with a lot of young players in and, anyway, I thought we were well in the game until the homer penalty decision - once that was scored, the game was as good as over and we could have conceded more, but I believe we would have seen a different match without that penalty decision.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    God, you're a miserable lot on here! This is what you get with teams with a lot of young players in and, anyway, I thought we were well in the game until the homer penalty decision - once that was scored, the game was as good as over and we could have conceded more, but I believe we would have seen a different match without that penalty decision.
    It’s great to be a miserable old sod, ain’t nothing like it.

He’s just got back in the side after an injury. His days are numbered though. Yiadom is a better right back and when Obita is fit he will be our left back. There was no need to drop Brooks and push Roberts forward. Just keep it as it was.
    We were poor in central midfield. Ramsey was disappointing as were Bale and Allen. Hennessey about the only good performer today.
    Thought the senior players let down the youngsters today can't remember Rambo so bad their number 8 hammered him and I thought ampadu done ok

I'd assumed everyone was being deliberately negative just to be contrary - I certainly didn't think we played badly against a strong International side and we were still blooding the youngsters. Good lessons will have been learnt from today - including for Giggs

Our central midfield was poor though and that relates to senior players like Ramsey and Allen. I don’t thnk the pen changed anything. We rarely looked like scoring.

We would have still needed to score a goal. I didn't see any signs of one coming.

This is the makings of the best Welsh squad in my lifetime. As for GB’s continual ranting about AW. The boys cheese has definitely slid off its cracker.

Ashley Williams dropped his cheese? Doesn't surprise me.

A difficult watch that. I could say that the second goal was from an incorrect penalty decision but even so Hennessey was our MotM and first goal was a collective defensive error.

Positives: Giggs and the young players will hopefully get better from this sort of tough lesson. Great crowd noise. Denmark are perhaps the nicest possible nation to give you a tough, footballing lesson?

But we weren't outclassed as Ireland were. We stayed in the game and kept trying our game.

Our central midfield was poor though and that relates to senior players like Ramsey and Allen. I don’t thnk the pen changed anything. We rarely looked like scoring.
    The penalty changed everything. With their defensive record, Denmark were comfortable at 2-0, but the game would have had a completely different feel to it if they had gone into the last ten minutes defending a 1-0 lead - we've got players who can score a goal out of nothing and Denmark would have been so much more edgy in the closing stages than they were because of the gift they were given by the ref.

Re: Starting lineup v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    This is actually the confirmed line up, PM me for this week’s lottery numbers
    I can see us losing with two full-backs in the team, PM me for this week’s lottery numbers

Re: Starting lineup v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I can see us losing with two full-backs in the team, PM me for this week’s lottery numbers
    ^^^^ right-backs

Should have played Wilson if Brooks was fatigued.

Re: FT: Denmark 2 - 0 Wales. Match thread

I’m not reading too much into the performance. The Denmark players have rested all week whereas it was our second game in three days (+ travel). And it showed.

Selection looked a bit negative to start with.

As soon as Denmark got ahead they held a great shape particularly hard to interchange passes with. They closed us down well and don't think the midfield offered enough options for the defence.

It resulted in us just putting in crosses from poor positions with no real option.

I think maybe we should have given Bale 10 minutes on the left to see how he would have done as certainly would have pulled a few out of the middle.
    Giggs was constantly changing shape which probably made us less effective but at least he was trying.

Giggs f**ked that right up. Should have just gone with the same team.

Denmark were a far better side than Ireland and they were a lot fresher than our players, having arrived this morning at 1am.

Fine margains separated us, an excellent goal from Eriksen and a penalty against Ampadu that was slightly harsh.

Neither team was spectacular tonight and we could have easily drawn that on a different day, let’s not worry too much!

I thought we passed the ball better than Denmark and our movement was better too. I agree with TOBW, had that penalty not been given, Denmark would have been more nervy in that second half and we'd have got something out of the game.

We did look a bit tired in that second half. Overall, I'm not too disappointed, we clearly have the making of a good squad.