+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Events conspire against Wales, but better team wins on the day.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Events conspire against Wales, but better team wins on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    One positive for me yesterday was seeing how intelligent Lawrence has become in possession. Won free kicks in very good areas when there was nowhere to go and he was making runs that were far more intelligent than Bale made all game.

It was a very “2017 Chris Coleman” style performance yesterday. I wonder if that’s because Gunter was back in the side. I like Gunter but most of the time he was slowing play down, though he made a couple of forward passes that I’ve not seen him do for ages. This is a clear instruction by Giggs of course.

We are not going to be beating Denmark with ease, they are a quality team. I’m really not sure what some people were expecting?!

The U21s tomorrow have a real test on their hands against a Portugal side with Jota leading the line!
    It didn't help that we played two right backs, as well as Bale got into "win it on his own mode". They're a good side though and Brooks has to start for me, he's a breath of fresh air. Ampadu and him have really nailed down their places in the side for me. I like Lawrence but a few times he doesn't take enough care in possession still but he's a very good player. With Wilson, Brooks, Woodburn etc not starting we've certainly got options for the first time I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It didn't help that we played two right backs, as well as Bale got into "win it on his own mode". They're a good side though and Brooks has to start for me, he's a breath of fresh air. Ampadu and him have really nailed down their places in the side for me. I like Lawrence but a few times he doesn't take enough care in possession still but he's a very good player. With Wilson, Brooks, Woodburn etc not starting we've certainly got options for the first time I can remember.
    This is a recurring theme. Rambo is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This is a recurring theme. Rambo is the same.
    At least Bale still releases the ball, Ramsey can be infuriating with the amount of touches he takes for no good reason