Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
Dropping Ramsey? Giggs wouldn't have done that in a million years and this still leaves the attacking combo of Roberts & Brooks on the right. The Gunter/Roberts thing worked until we conceded, Gunter should have come off rather than Roberts imo although he could have been tired following Thursday
You praised Giggs for trying something different. This is my alternative suggestion for trying something different. Roberts has defensive duties in my lineup, his job is to nullify the threat down the right that you have identified, with Chester behind him instead of Gunter. I have even included an extra defensive midfielder in Smith. So that is six defensive minded players in the team. Davies and Roberts can get forward if we are in a good attacking position, but that is not their main function for this match. There are three flair players in the side to attack on the break, who can be supported by Roberts, Allen and Davies when we transition.

So we can't drop Ramsey? Are we back to the old days where certain players are picked come what may? I've just chosen a side specifically to face Denmark away, the 9th best team in the world, with an emphasis on nullifying their creative players. Now you tell me I have to include Ramsey in my tream Sorry, I want to include Brooks and Lawrence who can track back into midfield, collect the ball from deeper positions, can play as wide men or centrally, and can interchange positions. They would be more flexible in this situation. Ramsey is good, but this is a one-off selection, and I have replaced him with Smith on this particular occasion due to the threat of Eriksen.