+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Serena Williams cries sexism

Re: Serena Williams cries sexism

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There certainly would have been if we had messageboards when John McEnroe was playing.
    You can't be serious

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Has there ever been a 2 page thread about a white male tennis player losing his temper on here?
    There certainly would have been if we had messageboards when John McEnroe was playing.
    Tim Henman too!

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/story/_...bledon-history

Would the men on here have been making derogatory comments about his physique? Oh and by the way McEnroe apparently never received a game penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Fellow tennis professionals?
    Martina the great don't,she not shown dignity, and instead of apologising for her outburst drags sexism in and her children thinking she's a cheat ,lady lacks class.
    If you watch the full incident there are periods of silence from the umpire allowing her to cease the moment ,breath , and calm herself .

Indeed , as they are well paid individuals ,
    and I can clearly remeber his behaviour being questioned and being called a spolit brat over all the media for days ,this board with its anti American stance ,would have had a right rant .

Would the men on here have been making derogatory comments about his physique? Oh and by the way McEnroe apparently never received a game penalty.
    I'm almost certain that isn't true, he was even disqualified from a match in Australia.

https://goo.gl/images/tJTN24

But he did receive a match penalty once

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...ustralian-open

Heisenberg

Why are men such sexist Pigs?
    That statement in itself is sexist, surely. It would be like me saying "why are women such whiney bitches?".

Maybe try not to generalise an entire group of people if you're trying to make an argument in relation to equality in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That statement in itself is sexist, surely. It would be like me saying "why are women such whiney bitches?".

Maybe try not to generalise an entire group of people if you're trying to make an argument in relation to equality in the future.
    OK I’ll rephrase. Why are the majority of men sexist pigs

OK I’ll rephrase. Why are the majority of men sexist pigs
    I don't think many are really. I think most actually think twice about saying almost anything in the presence of women they aren't close to whereas the older ladies in my office often openly discuss colleagues or visitors looks. Doesn't offend me but if it was myself and an older guy doing it we would be sexist pigs.

Switch the tennis match around to a male player berating a female umpire in the way Serena did and the headlines would still be about sexism only the victim would be the umpire.

I think the biggest compliment you could pay her would be to critisize her behaviour and say she should have taken her punishment like a man.

She'd never have got away with this behavour in Russia.

This is what happens when you let women play sports.

Probably. I loved JM. The Borg McEnroe movie last year was superb.

Anyone else see the Curb episode with McEnroe? So funny when Larry and McEnroe jot tanked up at the baseball game for being too loud laughing at Larrys 'Freak' book.

Anyway, with Williams whether she was justified in feeling aggrieved is besides the point. She completely undermined her opponents great victory by being over the top in her outrage. She should have dealt with it in another way and had the maturity to control herself. Telling the Umpire that he will never work as an Umpire again stinks of arrogance and being a spoiled brat.

Men players certainly get away with worse and I feel she was harshly treated on the court... but her reaction.. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I haven’t seen federer,nadal or Djokovic have a meltdown and start giving it the big un that that call wouldn’t be made against a female if they did there would be outrage
    I think she had a point about being coached from the stand... it happens all the time and I thought it was unfair for the Umpire to call her out on that while so many other players get coached from the stand.. Saying that her reaction was outrageous and sets a bad example. If she had swallowed her pride and made a complaint about this behind closed doors that would have been the best approach. She has been in the game long enough to know on court ranting is unproductive. I have no issue with the Umpire disciplining her for her conoduct and for smashing her racket. It is such a shame as it deflected away from her opponents great win. She completely disrespected her opponent by her antics.

Guardian piece on Serena is pretty balanced although I have no idea why Pellegrini is getting involved :)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...-us-open-final

Jamie Murray speaks sense .
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/45513038

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Quite right

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Quite right
    He's won six majors now .

Bloody awful WomMAN.

Dislike them both , they are not normally built women, and its been an unfair contest for a while in my humble view

If someone told me this ^^ statement was posted by Donald Trump on his twitter account I wouldn’t question it’s authenticity.

That’s got to be worrying for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    This is what happens when you let blacks play sports.
    Fixed

Bloody awful WomMAN.

Makes me laugh , banging on about her kids thinking shes a cheat , well she said it loud enough to bring it to their attention

Then moved it to sexism

Phew we escaped the racism one I guess .

Dislike them both , they are not normally built women, and its been an unfair contest for a while in my humble view

Poor winner
    This seems completely at odds with the sanctimonious rubbish you post on the politics forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Fixed
    If you’re going to alter my post at least put the word you added in bold or put my unedited quote first.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    If someone told me this ^^ statement was posted by Donald Trump on his twitter account I wouldn’t question it’s authenticity.

That’s got to be worrying for you.
    To be fair he's a billionaire leader of the worlds largest economy. What he says can't all be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    To be fair he's a billionaire leader of the worlds largest economy. What he says can't all be wrong.
    A man who is a greedy, offensive bully might be appealing to people who also identify with those traits. It doesn’t mean it’s ok to talk about people’s mothers, wives, sisters and daughters like they are cattle.