+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: CHELSEA 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: CHELSEA 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Let the build up begin.

Seems so long between games in this League (appreciate we just had a break)

The referee on Saturday is Jonathan Moss.

City’s allocation has sold out.

Re: CHELSEA v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Let's hope it's trouble free

We may as well have a go. No chance if we park the bus. May as well lose 5-0 as 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Let's hope it's trouble free
    Loads of games in London Saturday. Train stations could be a battleground.

The next time we play Chelsea in the league we will not be members of the EU.
    They are our first visitors after Brexit

One third of all Premiership games are played in December and January alone. Ridiculous but true

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Loads of games in London Saturday. Train stations could be a battleground.
    Like your namesake, you appear to be living in the past. From our point of view, the club know exactly who has bought tickets, so it wont be difficult to trace anyone who causes problems and ban them. When was the last time that our fans were involved in any major disturbances at an away game. It doesnt help that some of our own fans continually refer to the problems that occurred in the past, as if they are some glorious badge of honour, whereas they were criminal acts carried out by a minority or moronic idiots who wouldnt have the IQ of a goalpost. Those times are nothing to brag about and should be consigned to the dustbin of history. They brought shame on us all.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Like your namesake, you appear to be living in the past. From our point of view, the club know exactly who has bought tickets, so it wont be difficult to trace anyone who causes problems and ban them. When was the last time that our fans were involved in any major disturbances at an away game. It doesnt help that some of our own fans continually refer to the problems that occurred in the past, as if they are some glorious badge of honour, whereas they were criminal acts carried out by a minority or moronic idiots who wouldnt have the IQ of a goalpost. Those times are nothing to brag about and should be consigned to the dustbin of history. They brought shame on us all.
    What makes you think my namesake lives in the past?
    I certainly don't want to see any trouble but with out much increased away support this year I am afraid it is inevitable we will attract a small number of idiots after liberal (excuse the pun) doses of beer and coke will do some very stupid things.
    I well remember the old days when NP was little more than a battleground. Let's hope those days are consined to history, like the Tories will be shortly.

JC is speaking sense as his namesake does. You ask when was the last time out fans were involved in any major disturbances at an away game, does Chelsea ring a bell? I would advise any of our lot who are travelling independently on London transport to keep their wits about them, not drink too much and be ready to make themselves scarce should things get a bit lairy. It’s not about badges of honour or living in the past, it’s common sense. Unfortunately at the cup game up there a few, who aren’t criminals or moronic idiots, got suckered in .

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    JC is speaking sense as his namesake does. You ask when was the last time out fans were involved in any major disturbances at an away game, does Chelsea ring a bell? I would advise any of our lot who are travelling independently on London transport to keep their wits about them, not drink too much and be ready to make themselves scarce should things get a bit lairy. It’s not about badges of honour or living in the past, it’s common sense. Unfortunately at the cup game up there a few, who aren’t criminals or moronic idiots, got suckered in .
    I will (as always) be travelling on London transport and (as always) expect to see no problems at all.

Going to travel on London transport and think I'll leave my city shirt at home for this one to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    What makes you think my namesake lives in the past?
    I certainly don't want to see any trouble but with out much increased away support this year I am afraid it is inevitable we will attract a small number of idiots after liberal (excuse the pun) doses of beer and coke will do some very stupid things.
    I well remember the old days when NP was little more than a battleground. Let's hope those days are consined to history, like the Tories will be shortly.
    Think the sugar tax maybe reducing coke intake , and JC will ensure the Tories stay around for a littke while longer, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think the sugar tax maybe reducing coke intake , and JC will ensure the Tories stay around for a littke while longer, unfortunately.
    There is a political fred guys for this. JC is a complete assh0le and would be an embarrassment as PM. Reminds me of that other scruffy gypo looking twat Michael Foot 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    Going to travel on London transport and think I'll leave my city shirt at home for this one to be on the safe side.
    Stick it in a bag and put it on at the stadium.

Chelsea

Update on information for Chelsea

The 3 away supporters’ pubs are to the north-east of Stamford Bridge at Earls Court and are a 25-30 minute walk from the stadium.

Earls Court Tavern
    123 Earls Court Road, Kensington, London SW5 9RL

Prince of Teck
    161 Earls Court Road, Kensington, London SW5 9RQ

The Courtfield Tavern
    187 Court Road, Kensington, London SW5 9AN

The nearest tube station is Fulham Broadway which is on the District Line. It’s a few minutes’ walk from Stamford Bridge.

Turnstiles will open 2 hours (1pm) before kick off on Saturday. Supporters are advised to be in their seats no later than 30 minutes before kick-off.

There will be a queuing system in place at the away turnstiles where the following processes will occur: Pre Entry Ticket Checks, Body & Bag Searches, Electronic Ticket Scan and Entry through the turnstile.

Enhanced security measures are in place and supporters are advised to arrive early to facilitate these. It is requested supporters avoid bringing bags where possible as enhanced searches will be taking place. Please note that explosive/narcotic/pyrotechnic detection dogs will be present throughout

Banners & Flags - There is only a limited amount of space to display banners and flags within the Stadium and they must therefore be no larger than 80cm in depth and 250cm in width. Banners and flags must not obstruct the view of others, cover advertising signs or cause a safety hazard. Banners and flags must not display any abusive or threatening words, images, political statements or be deemed unacceptable. Flag poles are not allowed. All banners and flags must carry a Fire Safety Certificate.

I'm taking my 11year old so will be well annoyed if there's anything like the cup game.
    I'm not wearing my shirt for this but my daughter is.
    Staying in Putney and going in by bus.
    Millwall Leeds today as well

Ward over Zohore. Still no Murphy
    https://twitter.com/cardiffcityfc/st...745989633?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

WTF? Murphy is one of, if not the best player(s) in the squad. What are we doing?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    WTF? Murphy is one of, if not the best player(s) in the squad. What are we doing?
    He’s injured.

It's the team that has earnt the right to start but that bench does show how short we are with a few injuries. Arsenal showed that the Chelsea defence can be opened up quite easily so hopefully a repeat of our last game with a few less defensive errors.

2-2.

Wasn’t the last match at the Brige the game when Marshall dropped a bollock, and we were one down after 30 seconds?😡😡

Quote Originally Posted by The Charterhouse of Parma View Post
    Wasn’t the last match at the Brige the game when Marshall dropped a bollock, and we were one down after 30 seconds?����
    We went 1-0 up then ETO was allowed to kick the ball out of Marshall's hands the cheating bastard

Anyone reading this from at the game? Would be good to hear thoughts from the away fans.

He’s injured.
    Got it. Brian Murphy is on the bench. I hadn't had my coffee when I read that.