+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ampadu rejected by England

Ampadu rejected by England

Cos he took "too few touches" for England's liking, and besides that, they already had another 12 players of the same age who were better than him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45479077

Re: Ampadu rejected by England

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Cos he took "too few touches" for England's liking, and besides that, they already had another 12 players of the same age who were better than him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45479077
    Is love to know who those 12 players are and where they are now

Its Understandable, you would imagine at the the English FA would be mainly focusing on under 14 at the top academies of the countries, and a phone call from a manager in league 2 would not be hot on a list of priorities. I would have imagined that the attitude would have been if he is good enough we will pick him up when he goes to a top academy.

On the flip side Wales doesnt have that luxury and put in the hard work to identify the player at a younger age, and get him involved early, and that is extremely well done to Wales.

When Ampadu then signed for Chelsea at 16 England were very interested. In fact he played a game for England under 16. However Wales had done the work on him by then.

Im not a fan of these stories really Clubs and International sides will always miss players, and on a phone in show the Manager (Tisdale in this case), is always looking for the sensational headline and publicity.

It just goes to show that players can change a lot from 15-18. I bet half of those supp better are now without clubs even.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Its Understandable, you would imagine at the the English FA would be mainly focusing on under 14 at the top academies of the countries, and a phone call from a manager in league 2 would not be hot on a list of priorities. I would have imagined that the attitude would have been if he is good enough we will pick him up when he goes to a top academy.

On the flip side Wales doesnt have that luxury and put in the hard work to identify the player at a younger age, and get him involved early, and that is extremely well done to Wales.

When Ampadu then signed for Chelsea at 16 England were very interested. In fact he played a game for England under 16. However Wales had done the work on him by then.

Im not a fan of these stories really Clubs and International sides will always miss players, and on a phone in show the Manager (Tisdale in this case), is always looking for the sensational headline and publicity.
    You must admit it was quite amusing though, the bloke on the other end of the phone sounds like a bit of a dickhead saying stuff like that

Sounds a bit like "You're fired!"
    "You can't fire me, I resign"

Who rejected who? Just because a manager trying to up his profile has said that, doesn't mean it's true.

Wales have a really good record recently in getting talented youngsters to choose them over England, which speaks volumes about our youth setups, that even when some players do get into some under age England sides they seem to often want to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Sounds a bit like "You're fired!"
    "You can't fire me, I resign"

Who rejected who? Just because a manager trying to up his profile has said that, doesn't mean it's true.
    Sounds a bit like waking up at the crack of dawn to go hand your CV out, and they say we don't like people who wake up early in the morning, we prefer those who have a lay in and show up in the afternoon.

By the way, what's with all this one touch bullshit, tell him to piss off to Real Madrid or Barcelona where they do this kind of crazy stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wales have a really good record recently in getting talented youngsters to choose them over England, which speaks volumes about our youth setups, that even when some players do get into some under age England sides they seem to often want to come back.
    Key phrase here being "chose us over England" which is seemingly what Tisdale has skirted over and confused everyone. Was he rejected by England when he took too few touches? Why did he continue to have opportunities with them then: https://mobile.twitter.com/WelshLege...54757890183168

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Key phrase here being "chose us over England" which is seemingly what Tisdale has skirted over and confused everyone. Was he rejected by England when he took too few touches? Why did he continue to have opportunities with them then: https://mobile.twitter.com/WelshLege...54757890183168
    Don't go and ruin a good story

One has to feel for England really, having such an oasis of talent to choose from, they are bound to let a few slip through the net

Can we expect to see many more young "one cap wonders" from England to tie them in or the possibility that more talented duo nationality players might choose a "smaller" nation because of the many who have fallen into that category.

Bit of a non story. You don't get rejected for the national team at 16, he clearly wanted to play for Wales and was happy in the set up.

It does highlight how proactive we have been in getting these lads on board early and making them feel wanted, the choice as always though is theirs alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Bit of a non story. You don't get rejected for the national team at 16, he clearly wanted to play for Wales and was happy in the set up.

It does highlight how proactive we have been in getting these lads on board early and making them feel wanted, the choice as always though is theirs alone.
    It's a lovely story, and one I am going to share with my grandkids for years to come

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's a lovely story, and one I am going to share with my grandkids for years to come
    It will certainly be story that pops up every time Ampadu does anything good in the game. Fair play to Tisdale for that.

Its clearly bullshit and it ignores the fact Ampadu rejected England. They just can't seem to admit a(nother) talented youngster picked us over England

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    May it go on , I think its critical that the Welsh FA keeps the current side on a successful competitive platform ,as that will attract those that are border English prospects, if we fall away it wont be an attractive option.

Same for the City, young talent will rather play in a premiership development side, than a mid table Championship one who are carefully managing its pennies .

According to a tweet I read yesterday, Kwame Ampadu was out in Denmark and told the tweeter that Ethan would never have upset his mother by playing for anyone other than Wales.