Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
It was whitish marks left on clothing after washing. Washing powder residue at a guess and not the bearings going. Spent ages when we first had the washing machine checking it was level and making minor adjustments to prolong the life of the bearings. Done all the cleaning bit and just putting through a test wash.
I had this, but it was more greyish in colour, tried Limescale remover ( Viakal ) in the drum, that must have cleaned it a little, as it then had LOADS of grey sludge come out on the dog towels, then i tried the Soda crystals and that worked

When the machine did die, i thought i would strip the thing apart and make a firepit for camping ( if you have camped, you will have seen them on any campsite ) well it was a right bugger to get the drum out of the plastic surround, bloody hell, in the end i used a disk cutter and cut the plastic drum, BUT you should have seen the lining of that plastic drum, solid with a grey coating ( i Guess limescale and dirt and soap powder, you could really see the issue with the " sludge " )

good luck