You first of all need to drain the filter. On a front-loading washer this is usually found down the bottom on the front panel (see pics). If you haven't drained this before you might be in for a shock as to what will have accumulated there, all the contents of your pockets will find their way into this sump ... coins, tissue paper etc. - it will be a thick black sludge. Use the small hose to drain it first and then unscrew the filter. It's best to have a flat baking tray or similar and a towel to catch the water when you open it.

After you have done this, empty the contents of a small box of baking powder directly into the drum itself and put the machine on to the hottest setting and run. After, repeat the process, but this time instead of baking soda put about a litre of white vinegar into the tub and repeat hot cycle. This will help descale and get rid of any nasty odours in your machine. I do this about once every 2 months.

I recently changed the bearings, direct-drive motor, heater and drum spider, took me 2 bloody days .. never again!

IMG_20180913_084128.jpgIMG_20180913_084158.jpg