+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: Tammy Abraham

  1. #1

    Tammy Abraham

    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3934341.html

    Was one we were after all summer; I wasn't personally too disappointed because didn't think he would fit. However in hindsight; could've been perfect.

  2. #2

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quality player, would have loved to have seen him here

  3. #3

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Quality player, would have loved to have seen him here
    He wasn't so great pre-season, I think his Chelsea days are numbered. This is his 3rd season long loan now? Modern football is crazy

  4. #4

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He wasn't so great pre-season, I think his Chelsea days are numbered. This is his 3rd season long loan now? Modern football is crazy
    Think he would have been good for us. Unlikely to make it at Chelsea, but I can see him developing into a good premier league striker

  5. #5

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Don't think he'd last 2 minutes with Warnock.
    He has a a bad attitude, thinks he's better than he actually is unfortunately.
    Hopefully he'll grow out of it.

  6. #6

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Don't think he'd last 2 minutes with Warnock.
    He has a a bad attitude, thinks he's better than he actually is unfortunately.
    Hopefully he'll grow out of it.
    What makes you say that?

  7. #7

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Just what we needed up front. Would have been a great loan signing.
    Spedger

  8. #8

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Don't think he'd last 2 minutes with Warnock.
    He has a a bad attitude, thinks he's better than he actually is unfortunately.
    Hopefully he'll grow out of it.
    The Bristol City fans worshiped him when he was with them. He hardly missed a game in his time there, and that was despite sometimes carrying a knock. I think he's a natural goalscorer, I would have liked to have seen him with us.

  9. #9

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I read a lot of negative things about him, and witnessed his petulance first hand at Ashton Gate when we played them, where he made a right pr1ck of himself, and ended up storming off at the end.

  10. #10

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    He told Standard Sport: “I wanted Tammy Abraham from day one. I spoke to Eddie Newton (Chelsea’s loan player technical coach) about it, but he ended up at Aston Villa."

    That surely has to be the same Eddie Newton who had a hugely successful loan spell with us himself (early 80's?), so successful that he was chaired off the pitch by the fans in his last game?

    You'd have thought he might have had a bit of a soft spot for us and tried to personally make this deal go through, wouldn't you?

  11. #11

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    My guess is that Chelsea didn't want one of their stars playing for a "route one" side preferring instead to go for a "proper" footballing team.

    I am being a bit flippant with my remark but propaganda from media, pundits and fellow professionals does have a bearing on such things.

  12. #12

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He told Standard Sport: “I wanted Tammy Abraham from day one. I spoke to Eddie Newton (Chelsea’s loan player technical coach) about it, but he ended up at Aston Villa."

    That surely has to be the same Eddie Newton who had a hugely successful loan spell with us himself (early 80's?), so successful that he was chaired off the pitch by the fans in his last game?

    You'd have thought he might have had a bit of a soft spot for us and tried to personally make this deal go through, wouldn't you?
    Yes it's the same Eddie Newton, that loan spell was quite some time ago, doubt he feels that much affinity to the club, though strange they didn't want him to have regular premier league football experience over more championship football.

  13. #13

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Heís played for Bristol City and Swansea and G rangerown blueís IQ is so low he canít help but be biased .

  14. #14

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    My guess is that Chelsea didn't want one of their stars playing for a "route one" side preferring instead to go for a "proper" footballing team.

    I am being a bit flippant with my remark but propaganda from media, pundits and fellow professionals does have a bearing on such things.
    I think they probably wanted to be careful after the season wasted at Swansea.
    They struggled all season, and barely created any chances, and despite the stats showing he was probably their most dangerous attacker they didn't play him all that much.
    Everyone expects us to struggle this season and most to finish bottom, so they probably thought a season at a strong championship side would be better for him in the long run, where he will at least get the chance to do some attacking. I don't think long ball is necessarily a minus where he is concerned, as he has a lot of the attributes to do well in that regard.
    He's still young, plenty of time to get the right move to the premier league if he does well at villa

  15. #15

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He’s played for Bristol City and Swansea and G rangerown blue’s IQ is so low he can’t help but be biased .
    I can spell Grangetown though x

  16. #16

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Yeah you got me on one autocorrect mistake when all Iíve got on you is the years of absolute bollocks youíve spouted.

  17. #17

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Would have been a potentially exciting part of a front 3 along with Murphy and Reid, but can also envisage him being a frustrating player to watch if the crowd get on his back if they see him as not putting in 100%

  18. #18

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah you got me on one autocorrect mistake when all I’ve got on you is the years of absolute bollocks you’ve spouted.
    Just because you don't like it, or might disagree with it, it's not "bollocks".

    I've never posted anything that's untrue, or is indeed is not a fact, unless you can prove otherwise, then pipe down.

  19. #19

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I will always remember him laughing in our keepers (Murphy) face,and aggressively taunting him as he lay on floor, after he'd unfortunately conceded an OG.
    He then gave it large when he scored, but ran straight off the pitch on his own at the end, as if to distance himself from his team because they got beat.

    I notice, and remember things like that.

  20. #20

  21. #21

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Would have been a potentially exciting part of a front 3 along with Murphy and Reid, but can also envisage him being a frustrating player to watch if the crowd get on his back if they see him as not putting in 100%
    Any player who has played for the clubs he has will have elements of the crowd all too ready to turn on him. I don't get why Chelsea were reluctant to let him come here though if we were the only Premier League team in for him - they let Abraham go to the wurzels who have been more of a long ball team than us in our last few matches against them.

  22. #22

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Just because you don't like it, or might disagree with it, it's not "bollocks".

    I've never posted anything that's untrue, or is indeed is not a fact, unless you can prove otherwise, then pipe down.
    Your non stop bias is obvious for everyone to see. Itís embarrassing, I usually just skip over any post or thread you make because I canít believe a grown man would think like that.

  23. #23

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Any player who has played for the clubs he has will have elements of the crowd all too ready to turn on him. I don't get why Chelsea were reluctant to let him come here though if we were the only Premier League team in for him - they let Abraham go to the wurzels who have been more of a long ball team than us in our last few matches against them.
    Maybe they thought that there's more chance of Villa, instead of us, putting in an offer to buy him at the end of the season if he went there on loan?

  24. #24

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Your non stop bias is obvious for everyone to see. It’s embarrassing, I usually just skip over any post or thread you make because I can’t believe a grown man would think like that.
    What bias?
    Are you referring to my disliking of an Englishman captaining Wales?

    Please continue with the skipping, or better still, there's a block facility you could use, I'd appreciate that.

  25. #25

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I watched him in a TV interview saying that his goal is to win the Ballon d'Or.

    He's bonkers.

  26. #26

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I watched him in a TV interview saying that his goal is to win the Ballon d'Or.

    He's bonkers.
    Haha yeah It's probably healthy for young sportsmen and women to have that kind of attitude.
    He's a young guy at Chelsea and regularly scores goals at a decent level, I'd be more worried if he said he thought he could be a solid championship player.

  27. #27

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Haha yeah It's probably healthy for young sportsmen and women to have that kind of attitude.
    He's a young guy at Chelsea and regularly scores goals at a decent level, I'd be more worried if he said he thought he could be a solid championship player.
    I'm fairly sure he said he was confident of winning it.

    Again, bonkers.

  28. #28

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Perhaps having a girly name ,resulted him going to a girly club ?

  29. #29

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps having a girly name ,resulted him going to a girly club ?
    Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham

    He'd have to borrow one of Jon parkin's shirts if he wanted his full name on the back

  30. #30

    Re: Tammy Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I watched him in a TV interview saying that his goal is to win the Ballon d'Or.

    He's bonkers.
    That's probably every footballer's goal to be fair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •