Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
Do you honestly believe that? Trump is actually trying to oppose the banana republic tactics where one side stops the other from gaining power by spying on them, spreading propaganda, etc. The Democrats were using the power of the state to stop him becoming president. Do you think democracy consists of open borders, moving jobs and factories abroad, etc? The people have spoken democratically through the ballet box to put an end to it - it is called the will of the people. You seem to be morphing into lardy with your radical left viewpoints. My only concern is the rule of law, and that the people who do this kind of thing are punished. If America turns into a police state we will be next!
Er, all I'm doing is using Bernie Sanders' words, they're not mine. The point I'm trying to make in this thread is that you have often tried to present a case for people like Sanders and Corbyn, essentially, being on the same side as the likes of Trump and Putin in that they are all "outsiders" to the liberal progressive "elite" as represented by the likes of the Clintons and Obama.

Sanders may be outside of the Clinton/Obama axis, but, demonstrably from his own words in that article, he sees Trump and Putin as people he would never ally with - indeed, it would appear that he sees them as much, if not more of, a part of the problem than your liberal elite.

Throughout this thread, your reaction to what Sanders wrote has been "he doesn't really mean that because I know what he is really about" - that just seems very arrogant to me.

Well done on Trump the anti banana republic candidate as well, hilarious .