+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: See, this what I don't get.

Re: See, this what I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's a reason for that. The tactic is to accuse the opposition of what you're being accused of.

When trump did his tweets about how sessions should not have pursued republicans on criminal charges with elections coming up, some senators said he was treating the US as a banana republic. So it was only a matter of time before the phrase cropped up in this manner.
    The DOJ have a 60-day rule to suspend any activity regarding political fibers prior to an election.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Er, all I'm doing is using Bernie Sanders' words, they're not mine. The point I'm trying to make in this thread is that you have often tried to present a case for people like Sanders and Corbyn, essentially, being on the same side as the likes of Trump and Putin in that they are all "outsiders" to the liberal progressive "elite" as represented by the likes of the Clintons and Obama.

Sanders may be outside of the Clinton/Obama axis, but, demonstrably from his own words in that article, he sees Trump and Putin as people he would never ally with - indeed, it would appear that he sees them as much, if not more of, a part of the problem than your liberal elite.

Throughout this thread, your reaction to what Sanders wrote has been "he doesn't really mean that because I know what he is really about" - that just seems very arrogant to me.

Well done on Trump the anti banana republic candidate as well, hilarious .
    Firstly Senator Sanders owns three homes, so he's not the most qualified to speak about the 1%. Secondly, he took no action when it emerged the Hillary campaign had rigged the primaries. In fact, he allowed them to take control of his supporters via the DNC, and he even endorsed Hillary. What the political system needs is sunlight and transparency, on both the left and the right, and people who are prepared to challenge the status quo. It's pretty obvious that wasn't part of Sanders political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The DOJ have a 60-day rule to suspend any activity regarding political fibers prior to an election.
    That would be figures, not fibbers, and no it wasn't a freudian slip!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Firstly Senator Sanders owns three homes, so he's not the most qualified to speak about the 1%. Secondly, he took no action when it emerged the Hillary campaign had rigged the primaries. In fact, he allowed them to take control of his supporters via the DNC, and he even endorsed Hillary. What the political system needs is sunlight and transparency, on both the left and the right, and people who are prepared to challenge the status quo. It's pretty obvious that wasn't part of Sanders political agenda.
    So Sanders was a maintain the status quo candidate because he has three houses and he must be an "elite" because he didn't do this and that to stop Clinton - what was the point of him running against her then if that was the case? Strange how having enough money to own three homes somehow disqualifies Sanders (net worth $460k in 2012) from being the candidate of the working man/woman and yet your boy (net worth $3.5 billion in 2017), the man who is, allegedly, "draining the swamp" and who says it's "smart" not to pay taxes is ideally qualified to do so, if you are to be believed anyway.

You've been all around the houses in this thread without coming close to addressing the points I made in the OP, so I'll take my leave from it now because there doesn't seem to be any point in continuing against your "on the fence" opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So Sanders was a maintain the status quo candidate because he has three houses and he must be an "elite" because he didn't do this and that to stop Clinton - what was the point of him running against her then if that was the case? Strange how having enough money to own three homes somehow disqualifies Sanders (net worth $460k in 2012) from being the candidate of the working man/woman and yet your boy (net worth $3.5 billion in 2017), the man who is, allegedly, "draining the swamp" and who says it's "smart" not to pay taxes is ideally qualified to do so, if you are to be believed anyway.

You've been all around the houses in this thread without coming close to addressing the points I made in the OP, so I'll take my leave from it now because there doesn't seem to be any point in continuing against your "on the fence" opinions.
    Trump donates all of his presidential salary to charity, he's not a career politician with a lifestyle that is beyond his paygrade, he made his money elsewhere. All I am saying is if Sanders was serious about being president, he wouldn't have given Hillary a free pass after she nobbled him.

Presumably Sanders didn't wade in on Clinton after he'd lost because he saw her as bay far the lesser of two evils.

As for money, I have no doubt that Trump and his family will to pretty well from his current employment

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Presumably Sanders didn't wade in on Clinton after he'd lost because he saw her as bay far the lesser of two evils.

As for money, I have no doubt that Trump and his family will to pretty well from his current employment
    Isn't he already silly rich and surely doesnt really need profit from the presidency just ongoing ego fame .

As a former reality TV person , I can seem him heading up a new format of
    ( I'm a president , get me out of yer )