+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: End of the UK Soon ( Brexit ) Now This Eeeek

End of the UK Soon ( Brexit ) Now This Eeeek

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45518774

Wetherspoons has reported record annual sales and profits, but warned that prices and costs are likely to rise in the coming months.

The pub chain led by Tim Martin said like-for-like sales, which exclude new pubs, rose 5% in the year to 29 July.

Re: End of the UK Soon ( Brexit ) Now This Eeeek

'Failing to show the World Cup over the summer meant the chain missed out on a sales boost enjoyed by rival chains such as Greene King, said Neil Wilson at Markets.com.'

I watched numerous world cup games in different Wetherspoon pubs

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    'Failing to show the World Cup over the summer meant the chain missed out on a sales boost enjoyed by rival chains such as Greene King, said Neil Wilson at Markets.com.'

I watched numerous world cup games in different Wetherspoon pubs
    Yea I can't imagine the cost of showing the world cup is anything like that of a sky or bt subscription.

The Mitchell & Butlers pubs are now cheaper or as price competitive and you get sports

It's nice to see Tim Martin boycotting more and more European brands in favour of British products and products from elsewhere. It's fascinating to read his monthly in-pub Brexit magazine where he preaches about what he believes are the benefits of leaving the EU.

However, he has also lobbied the Government to try and ensure preferential treatment for the hospitality industry when it comes to immigration and wants to make sure that EU workers will still be allowed to work in his pubs, acknowledging that the pub industry will be severely hit if EU immigration is clamped down on.

In other words, down with the EU, but he still wants the cheap labour it supplies. Fcking hypocrit.