+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So VAR being tested for first time ever in premier league in our game today

So VAR being tested for first time ever in premier league in our game today

Should be fun.

Re: So VAR being tested for first time ever in premier league in our game today

I didn't know that.

I didn't like it at the World Cup. I think it can slow a game down and cost an attacking team their momentum if they have a goal ruled out. On balance, it would possibly help us if we're playing for a draw, but I still maintain its bad for football.

VAR is a very contentious topic and I'll be interested to see what the rest of our fans say, particularly our match is the guinea pig fixture.

The VAR is remote no reviews at the ground. Officials not involved.

Will be fascinating to find out later how many decisions we were not given. 😂😂😂

I thought it was the first time they were trying simultaneous VAR?

I read it was used in 19 games last season as a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I didn't know that.

I didn't like it at the World Cup. I think it can slow a game down and cost an attacking team their momentum if they have a goal ruled out. On balance, it would possibly help us if we're playing for a draw, but I still maintain its bad for football.

VAR is a very contentious topic and I'll be interested to see what the rest of our fans say, particularly our match is the guinea pig fixture.
    ..so you'd rather the illegal goal was given so the attacking team can maintain their momentum...bless

I didn't notice yesterday. Was there any var usage

To clarify it was only being tested With the other games for first time ever.

However from the highlights i saw they wouldn't have used it at all anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I didn't notice yesterday. Was there any var usage
    Only testing the system and there was no communication with the officials. It would have been used at various times, like the penalty but I can't say I noticed any mistakes that would have been overturned.

Penalty looked clearest one you will ever see to be fair.