+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/t a friend Who’s An alcoholic

O/t a friend Who’s An alcoholic

Looking for some advice amigos as despite the often caustic banter of this forum it’s a great support mechanism at times.

Basically a very good friend is an alcoholic. He’s had some tough times last few years and he’s lost his job through redundancy and his health isn’t best and he needs an operation
    (Non alcohol related)

I’ve spoken to him today and he’s upset bless him. It’s hit home lately. I gave him some advice today to keep his mind busy and write down a list of goals that he wants to do with his life. I just wanted to get him doing something positive and practical.

Any other advice guys and gals would be most appreciated.

Re: O/t a friend Who’s An alcoholic

Is he over weight? Can he start cycling or something like to get out and about? Even long walks, anything? Some out of the house stimulation.
    I’d join a group to talk things through, people don’t talk enough. He isn’t alone by any stretch, he might think he is though.
    There are so many different types of alcoholic these days, plenty function ok as long as there life continues without too much stress or change.

Does he want to quit? Get him to a meeting. It's helped a lot of people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Is he over weight? Can he start cycling or something like to get out and about? Even long walks, anything? Some out of the house stimulation.
    I’d join a group to talk things through, people don’t talk enough. He isn’t alone by any stretch, he might think he is though.
    There are so many different types of alcoholic these days, plenty function ok as long as there life continues without too much stress or change.
    Cheers, he’s just started going to a one one session. He’s struggling the last year or so due to other events in his life. Started with his best friend dying a few years back.
    I said I’d meet him tomorrow avd we’d go for a walk, good advice that thanks 👍

When I'm down I listen to music ,its quite uplifting ,get him some headphones and get him plugged in .

Hope he gets over it , so many of my family sadly gave into it .