+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 33

Thread: 11 points

  1. #1

    11 points

    A mountain to climb to get them.
    Tan is making us all look fools.
    No ambition.
    He should have backed Neil.

  2. #2

    Re: 11 points

    Calm the feck down.
    It's about the results against the teams around us.

  3. #3

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    A mountain to climb to get them.
    Tan is making us all look fools.
    No ambition.
    He should have backed Neil.
    Agree to an extent. But this was not the game we were expected to compete was it? And certainly didnt look half bad at times. But we are missing a striker and a right back, and then we might have a chance.

  4. #4

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    A mountain to climb to get them.
    Tan is making us all look fools.
    No ambition.
    He should have backed Neil.
    The only person making you look foolish is yourself, by posting drivel like this.

  5. #5

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Agree to an extent. But this was not the game we were expected to compete was it? And certainly didnt look half bad at times. But we are missing a striker and a right back, and then we might have a chance.
    Was never expecting anything from this game. But as you say, we're missing a couple of players. The OP is being a bit dramatic, but he's right in that we're not equipped for survival in terms of player personnel.

  6. #6

    Re: 11 points

    Were you expecting us to get something today against a team who have beaten everyone they’ve played before us?

  7. #7

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Calm the feck down.
    It's about the results against the teams around us.
    Exactly. A proper test will be Burnley on the 30th. Forget the Man City game, although I well remember the last time we played them at the CCS - they turned up to a training session to collect the 3 points! Can history repeat itself?

  8. #8

    Re: 11 points

    Drama queen

  9. #9

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Exactly. A proper test will be Burnley on the 30th. Forget the Man City game, although I well remember the last time we played them at the CCS - they turned up to a training session to collect the 3 points! Can history repeat itself?
    Think the real test was against 10 men Newcastle and Huddersfield. But there will be more of course.

  10. #10

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The only person making you look foolish is yourself, by posting drivel like this.
    I see it as it is.Not how I would like it to be.

  11. #11

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I see it as it is.Not how I would like it to be.
    You are dreaming. It's never going to be 3pts off Chelsea (not anytime soon anyway)

  12. #12

    Re: 11 points

    I'm shocked were not going to take 9 points from Gunners , Chelski and Man City , yeh the OP right its all Tan's fault . We should have done it the Malky way and wasted 60 million, can't think who the owner was back then , must have been
    an ambitious sort ?

  13. #13

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm shocked were not going to take 9 points from Gunners , Chelski and Man City , yeh the OP right its all Tan's fault . We should have done it the Malky way and wasted 60 million, can't think who the owner was back then , must have been
    an ambitious sort ?

  14. #14

    Re: 11 points

    Season summary so far, 5 games:
    Points required to avoid relegation 5
    Expected points 4
    Actual points 2

    The comment above is right, the points dropped against Huddersfield & Newcastle are the crucial ones, anything gained against Chelski, Arse & Mancs is a bonus.

    We have to maximise return against Fulham & Burnley

  15. #15

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Season summary so far, 5 games:
    Points required to avoid relegation 5
    Expected points 4
    Actual points 2

    The comment above is right, the points dropped against Huddersfield & Newcastle are the crucial ones, anything gained against Chelski, Arse & Mancs is a bonus.

    We have to maximise return against Fulham & Burnley
    Early days yet. Obviously you do need to win soon but realistically it’s all about finishing fourth from bottom or higher. Who knows how many points that will take. If Huddersfield, Burnley, West Ham and Newcastle keep losing you may not need that many. It’s your games against these teams that will determine your fate.

  16. #16

    Re: 11 points

    Christ 5 games in, with only one so far which we should've expected 3 points and the drama queens are already at it. Lets get Man City out of the way next week then we can see what we're really going to be like. Nobody else around us looks particularly good either.

  17. #17

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    A mountain to climb to get them.
    Tan is making us all look fools.
    No ambition.
    He should have backed Neil.
    People need to remember football clubs are businesses and we've been losing lots of money for years.
    We could have spent another 100 mill and get relegated.

    Let's remember of all the players we have spent money on only 1 started today. I think the best chance we have is hoping what got us 90 points in championship will get us 35 in pram.

  18. #18

    Re: 11 points

    These feel like attention-seeking threads at this stage of the season.

  19. #19

    Re: 11 points

    I thought the title read 11 pints, that's why I opened the bloody post in the beginning.

    Which would have been a more intresting debate.

  20. #20

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Christ 5 games in, with only one so far which we should've expected 3 points and the drama queens are already at it. Lets get Man City out of the way next week then we can see what we're really going to be like. Nobody else around us looks particularly good either.
    Which one was that then? I don't think we should "expect" three points in any match this season.

    Apart from that, I agree with you entirely.

  21. #21

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Which one was that then? I don't think we should "expect" three points in any match this season.

    Apart from that, I agree with you entirely.
    I think expecting 3 points from the Newcastle game wouldn't have been unreasonable, it's the only one I have at least been optimistic of a win anyway. People seem to be ignoring that we've played 3 away games, one against a world class team, and at another at a venue where world class teams dont always get their way. Oh, and Arsenal at home.

  22. #22

    Re: 11 points

    There's no point panicking but without a decent striker it is highly unlikely that we will stay up.

  23. #23

    Re: 11 points

    Dramatic 😂

    I think we are doing OK ?
    2nd best to a class Chelsea side with the awesome Hazard the difference.

    Even though, we were in it until the last few minutes when Bamba lost his head.

    Minutes earlier Reid was inches away from making it 2-2

    It wasn’t a disaster and I don’t expect more next week.

    I wouldn’t even put too much pressure on the Burnley game. We’ve got a reasonable run after Liverpool, that will make or break our chances

  24. #24

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There's no point panicking but without a decent striker it is highly unlikely that we will stay up.
    But theres quite a few teams without a 'decent' striker ?

  25. #25

    Re: 11 points

    You were still in it for most of the game and 4-1 was not a fair reflection.

    You'll lose most of these sort of games, it's all part of being in the EPL. Even if you only last one season, you'll have some great days, and win some games you never thought you would. Just enjoy testing yourselves against some of the best players in world football.

    Better than Norwich or dirty Leeds on a wet Tuesday night.

  26. #26

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    You were still in it for most of the game and 4-1 was not a fair reflection.

    You'll lose most of these sort of games, it's all part of being in the EPL. Even if you only last one season, you'll have some great days, and win some games you never thought you would. Just enjoy testing yourselves against some of the best players in world football.

    Better than Norwich or dirty Leeds on a wet Tuesday night.
    Soso true

  27. #27

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    People need to remember football clubs are businesses and we've been losing lots of money for years.
    We could have spent another 100 mill and get relegated.

    Let's remember of all the players we have spent money on only 1 started today. I think the best chance we have is hoping what got us 90 points in championship will get us 35 in pram.
    We could have spend 50 million in total, given ourselves a chance of staying up and still made a profit.

  28. #28

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Christ 5 games in, with only one so far which we should've expected 3 points and the drama queens are already at it. Lets get Man City out of the way next week then we can see what we're really going to be like. Nobody else around us looks particularly good either.
    Surely the drama queens are the ones that cry like babies anytime someone comes on here and points out the obvious? Our squad is not good enough and we will almost certainly be relegated. It's not what I want. It's just what I expect.

  29. #29

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Surely the drama queens are the ones that cry like babies anytime someone comes on here and points out the obvious? Our squad is not good enough and we will almost certainly be relegated. It's not what I want. It's just what I expect.
    Yes I think every one is aware our squad is not good enough and that we are deserved massive favourites to go down, thank you for clarifying that, it at all hadn't crossed my mind, in fact I thought we had a top half squad to be honest! The point is, we have played 5 games, 2 against top class opponents, and 3 of those 5 games away from home. By all means, criticise away after the Brighton game, but until then, have a bit of perspective regarding the start we have actually had.

  30. #30

    Re: 11 points

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    But theres quite a few teams without a 'decent' striker ?
    Maybe so but I stand by my assessment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •