+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That Was Hard Viewing.

That Was Hard Viewing.

No issue over losing to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea were excellent for 70 minutes. They were several levels better than, stronger and seemingly fitter, although we were worked so hard by their quick passing. So, losing isn't really a problem, we were never expected to get anything out of the game against a selection of world class players. Now the worrying bit. When a result like that comes our way then it's time to look for positives, and for me there weren't any. I didn't see a passage of play for any sustained period, and i'm talking two or three minutes., Apart from Reid's chance we created nothing. I know that people may think i'm being a bit harsh, although losing 4-1 isn't a problem, the next thing i'd look for is something to take out of the game as a unit. Getting comprehensively beaten by a team like that isn't a problem for me, what is a problem is that there wasn't one positive aspect apart from players working hard-Which should be a given.

Re: That Was Hard Viewing.

How do you feel compared to Bournemouth away? I expect Bournemouth and Chelsea to both have good seasons and today was definitely a step up on the first game back.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How do you feel compared to Bournemouth away? I expect Bournemouth and Chelsea to both have good seasons and today was definitely a step up on the first game back.
    Chelsea were a class above Bournemouth. I think that if we played Bournemouth now the result would be closer than the 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I didn't see the Bournemouth game, so can't really comment. I know that today's game was going to be very difficult and I have no problem with losing against a much better side that have players who cost more individually than our whole squad. What does worry me is that we can't put a pass together or a passage of play for a minute or two. We should be able to do that against anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I didn't see the Bournemouth game, so can't really comment. I know that today's game was going to be very difficult and I have no problem with losing against a much better side that have players who cost more individually than our whole squad. What does worry me is that we can't put a pass together or a passage of play for a minute or two. We should be able to do that against anyone.
    We can though. We bossed Newcastle before they went down to 10 men.
    Had great phases against Arsenal.

Chelsea could win the Premier League and Champions League this season, as could Manchester City. I don't expect us to be able to compete with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Chelsea could win the Premier League and Champions League this season, as could Manchester City. I don't expect us to be able to compete with them.
    Yep .

We need to compete better against against the others .

I haven't said that though, have I? All I've said is that we couldn't put a 30 second passage of play together, and have struggled to do that in our first five games.

Chelsea aren’t in the CL but yes definitely the Europa League.
    I’m dreading the Man City game but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Chelsea aren’t in the CL but yes definitely the Europa League.
    I’m dreading the Man City game but you never know.
    Quite correct

I haven't said that though, have I? All I've said is that we couldn't put a 30 second passage of play together, and have struggled to do that in our first five games.
    It's going to be a long season. Out of the 3 sides promoted, our style of play was always going to be the least likely to succeed in the Premier League. On top of this, we haven't addressed the need to add a consistant goalscorer to the team. All of this is well-known, our deficiencies are just being magnified now that we are under the spotlight. Our best chance is to focus on the 5 or 6 worst teams around us, starting with Burnley, and hope we can strengthen in January. I don't think it's time to panic yet.

No issue over losing to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea were excellent for 70 minutes. They were several levels better than, stronger and seemingly fitter, although we were worked so hard by their quick passing. So, losing isn't really a problem, we were never expected to get anything out of the game against a selection of world class players. Now the worrying bit. When a result like that comes our way then it's time to look for positives, and for me there weren't any. I didn't see a passage of play for any sustained period, and i'm talking two or three minutes., Apart from Reid's chance we created nothing. I know that people may think i'm being a bit harsh, although losing 4-1 isn't a problem, the next thing i'd look for is something to take out of the game as a unit. Getting comprehensively beaten by a team like that isn't a problem for me, what is a problem is that there wasn't one positive aspect apart from players working hard-Which should be a given.
    For me, having watched the whole game on a stream (bloody wet it was as well), the disappointment was that in the second half we were relying on a bit of luck to turn the game in our favour. Every clearance went long hoping for a break. Poor Danny Ward didn't have a prayer, but ran his socks off. We need to keep possession far better if we're to have a chance this season.