+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chelsea summary in a few lines

Chelsea summary in a few lines

1.0 city - finally seeing some reward for what is considered our main threat going forward - set peice. Good header across goal from the skipper.

1.1 Bennett lunges in (No need too) but a classic hazard finish inside 18 yards - good finish, keeper no chance.

2.1 Chelsea - terrible free-kick against Reid (poor refereeing), taken quickly and the same type of foul happens against us in the build up...shock No free-kick given and a deflect goal which keeper head no chance against. Unlucky for bottom half of table / classic top teams luck

3.1 - as soon as sol started chasing willian we all knew what was coming...a needless slide tackle. Stand your man and make him go around you as he was going nowhere. Penalty.

4.1 sublime finish - No keeper is saving it. Class above.

Half decent effort, Warnock won't be satisfied I'm sure.

On to next week! Keep positive! \○/<○>\○/

Re: Chelsea summary in a few lines

Quote Originally Posted by RygeTheRam View Post
    1.0 city - finally seeing some reward for what is considered our main threat going forward - set peice. Good header across goal from the skipper.

1.1 Bennett lunges in (No need too) but a classic hazard finish inside 18 yards - good finish, keeper no chance.

2.1 Chelsea - terrible free-kick against Reid (poor refereeing), taken quickly and the same type of foul happens against us in the build up...shock No free-kick given and a deflect goal which keeper head no chance against. Unlucky for bottom half of table / classic top teams luck

3.1 - as soon as sol started chasing willian we all knew what was coming...a needless slide tackle. Stand your man and make him go around you as he was going nowhere. Penalty.

Good summary, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by RygeTheRam View Post

👍

Ive said before that the first job of a CB is to defend your own goal properly and atm morro and bamba are not doing that well at all. Of course its a big plus when they chip in at the other end with a goal but the last two games agst arsenal and chelsea our CB’s havent been good enough defensively

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Ive said before that the first job of a CB is to defend your own goal properly and atm morro and bamba are not doing that well at all. Of course its a big plus when they chip in at the other end with a goal but the last two games agst arsenal and chelsea our CB’s havent been good enough defensively
    We were always going to struggle v the very best and no surprise we are doing so again. However clean sheets v Newcastle and Huddersfield gives us hope.for the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    We were always going to struggle v the very best and no surprise we are doing so again. However clean sheets v Newcastle and Huddersfield gives us hope.for the other teams.
    Defo they do give us encouragement but some of the goals in the last 2 games have been bad really bad

When you look at the goals we conceded against arsenal and yesterday I would say 4 maybe 5 even should have been avoided
    Mainly for me Morrison feeble attempt to block Arsenal’s second and Bennett yesterday should have got the ball away
    The biggest thing is the speed at which the top prem leagues play at ,their speed of thought and the passing is a lot one touch which leave us chasing shadows at times so why Bamba went diving in yesterday when he should have attempted to just hold willian up still bemuses me

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    When you look at the goals we conceded against arsenal and yesterday I would say 4 maybe 5 even should have been avoided
    Mainly for me Morrison feeble attempt to block Arsenal’s second and Bennett yesterday should have got the ball away
    The biggest thing is the speed at which the top prem leagues play at ,their speed of thought and the passing is a lot one touch which leave us chasing shadows at times so why Bamba went diving in yesterday when he should have attempted to just hold willian up still bemuses me
    It could be that Bamba remembered the criticism he had for passive defending for Lacazette's goal from a similar position for Arsenal and decided he was not going to be caught like that again. Compounded one bad decision with another though!