41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it

18 43.90%
  • Bin it

17 41.46%
  • Don't care

6 14.63%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau sang at City games?

Re: Thoughts on Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau sang at City games?

Prefer Men of Harlech (words not that bloody dur dur dur) but I’ll sing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Can't we go back to "You're gonna get your f***ing head kicked in"

I don't get why people think a Welsh club shouldn't sing a Welsh song

Based on what I've seen on Twitter, it really winds English people up so keep it imo

The only issue I'd have against it's use is that it's a "special" song. Reserved for special moments at the start of games. I say games (not exclusively international ones) because when we sang it at the FA cup final it was one of the most emotional renditions I've seen, heard and sung. Any arguments against it's relevance to a welsh football club are strange in my opinion.

As to it's use during games....it probably makes more sense at Wales games, but whilst I raised an eyebrow when I heard it on the TV yesterday, it didn't feel out of place, just unexpected.

As to having a poll on it, now that is pointless. If fans want to sing it, and it sounded like a lot of them were yesterday, they'll sing it. Don't have to shit on their parade either. If they want to sing "Englands full of shit" they will. If they want to sing "Harold Shipman" ...they'll get banned. If two want to sing it , it'll be too quiet for anyone to hear and if a thousand sing it , it'll be loud!

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Why would people go out to watch a band with scumsea town badges in their pockets
    It was a scooter club night out. One guy had loads of rolls of stickers in a box. Never really thought it was that odd from that day to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    On the same logic, I always cringe at the anti-English songs, when most of our squad is English.

Maybe I'm in a minority, just thought I'd put it out there.
    Agreed. Embarrassing.

Judging by some people’s posts they don’t even go to matches so who gives a toss what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    You mean... more specific than the Welsh national anthem... of which Cardiff is the capital... that kind of specific?
    Swansea, Wrexham and Newport have all started singing it the last few years so no not really.
    It doesn't bother me, I just don't join in.

Not a massive fan of it at city matches, similarly I think its cringe when opposing fans sing GSTQ or even sweet chariot (wtf is that all about).

It's a shame as a club we have never developed a proper anthem of sorts that is just ours.

Ohhhh pam mae dicter Ken Zohoree,
    Yn llenwi’th lygaid duon di.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Not a massive fan of it at city matches, similarly I think its cringe when opposing fans sing GSTQ or even sweet chariot (wtf is that all about).

It's a shame as a club we have never developed a proper anthem of sorts that is just ours.
    That’s the thing. There used to be plenty of club specific chants and, similarly, more club specific abuse. Wurzels-ferrrtilizerrr, Wistem-endbaw, endbaw, endbaw endbaw. All this How Green was my Valley stuff is excruciating. I blame Cardboard Jones and his Senedd for it😡