+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How many points would you hope for in the 12 games v the top 6?

How many points would you hope for in the 12 games v the top 6?

From memory we got 4 points from the 36 available last time? Win v man city, draw v man united and lost the other 10 games?

We weren't far from staying up last time so another 4 points from.those 12 games would be a decent return. It is hard to see where they would come from mind!

Re: How many points would you hope for in the 12 games v the top 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    From memory we got 4 points from the 36 available last time? Win v man city, draw v man united and lost the other 10 games?

We weren't far from staying up last time so another 4 points from.those 12 games would be a decent return. It is hard to see where they would come from mind!
    3 against the top 6 (0/2)
    14 against the middle 7 (0/1)
    21 against the bottom 6 (2/2)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think this is spot on. Even after 5 games it's fairly easy to put each side into one of those 3 categories.

I would also add that Bournemouth are right at the top of the middle 7- look at what they did to Leicester yesterday for example

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Good to work from but this league is also about taking the opportunities that come to you and I wonder if yesterday was one of those.

Man City could easily be a confidence knock before the biggest game our season - the first big chance to pick up 3 points and kick-start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I think this is spot on. Even after 5 games it's fairly easy to put each side into one of those 3 categories.

I would also add that Bournemouth are right at the top of the middle 7- look at what they did to Leicester yesterday for example
    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Good to work from but this league is also about taking the opportunities that come to you and I wonder if yesterday was one of those.

Man City could easily be a confidence knock before the biggest game our season - the first big chance to pick up 3 points and kick-start the season.
    Definitely. Considering the fixtures if we lost to man city and beat Burnley that would be a decent start.

That would give us 5 points from 7 games and we'd probably be around 16th.