+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wolves

Wolves

Commentator on MOTD just said that wolves had more Portuguese players in their team than Benfica and Sporting Lisbon. Wtf

Re: Wolves

Didn't see all the game but for me Traore looks so dangerous at this level his pace is electric and although he's not the complete player he will cause anyone problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Didn't see all the game but for me Traore looks so dangerous at this level his pace is electric and although he's not the complete player he will cause anyone problems.
    I'd be much happier about facing a team with the one dimensional Traore in it than I would be with having to sort out how you stop Neves being a decisive influence.

Apart from their finishing, Wolves were good yesterday (the best of the four teams shown on Sky) and I must admit I enjoyed watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd be much happier about facing a team with the one dimensional Traore in it than I would be with having to sort out how you stop Neves being a decisive influence.

Apart from their finishing, Wolves were good yesterday (the best of the four teams shown on Sky) and I must admit I enjoyed watching them.
    I was arguing with some guy on twitter who thinks Ralls is better than Neves

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Neves was class, I think both him and traore will both end up at top clubs.
    It was noticeable that when Traore came on, neves' first thought whenever he had the ball was to ping it out to Traore as quickly as possible.
    Traore is one dimensional, but he is that good as the one thing he does that he could be a danger for any side, if perhaps as an impact player. If he improved other aspects of his game then his potential ceiling in terms of ability/value is massive.

Traore is the only player in the league with more successful dribbles than Hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Traore is the only player in the league with more successful dribbles than Hazard.
    Only played a little over a whole match. You mean percentage of or actual dribbles?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Only played a little over a whole match. You mean percentage of or actual dribbles?
    Possibly. I’m sure I heard it on the radio.

I did try to find out if it was true before posting but couldn’t find it

I did try to find out if it was true before posting but couldn’t find it
    Probably successful dribbles per 90 minutes.

Commentator on MOTD just said that wolves had more Portuguese players in their team than Benfica and Sporting Lisbon. Wtf
    We had more English players on Saturday than Chelsea.

Tbf hazard probably has a lot more people trying to chop him down

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Tbf hazard probably has a lot more people trying to chop him down
    Last time Traore played in the premier League, in a crap Middlesbrough side that were relegated, he had far more successful dribbles per 90 than anyone else in the big 5 European leagues. Think he was like 19 or 20 at the time.
    His overall game impact at the time was minimal, but there is clearly something special there for the right coach to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Last time Traore played in the premier League, in a crap Middlesbrough side that were relegated, he had far more successful dribbles per 90 than anyone else in the big 5 European leagues. Think he was like 19 or 20 at the time.
    His overall game impact at the time was minimal, but there is clearly something special there for the right coach to develop.
    I know you love him but he still plays with his head down. He's made an impact but he's so one dimensional it's untrue. I've never seen a player like him before, he's been so badly coached when he was a young player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I know you love him but he still plays with his head down. He's made an impact but he's so one dimensional it's untrue. I've never seen a player like him before, he's been so badly coached when he was a young player.
    The criticism of him has been absolutely valid, especially for much of his earlier career, but the potential was obviously there or 3 clubs wouldn't have spent significant money on him despite little in the way of goals of assists .

In the championship last year he went past about 260 players in the thirty something games he played, the next nearest player went past about half that many.

Since Tony Pulis got hold of him at Middlesbrough he has raised his level significantly. A good season this year and he will be worth a lot more than wolves paid for him.

I suppose there's similarities with players like Zaha. You never would have guessed how good he would go on to be from his time with us, but the talent was there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The criticism of him has been absolutely valid, especially for much of his earlier career, but the potential was obviously there or 3 clubs wouldn't have spent significant money on him despite little in the way of goals of assists .

In the championship last year he went past about 260 players in the thirty something games he played, the next nearest player went past about half that many.

Since Tony Pulis got hold of him at Middlesbrough he has raised his level significantly. A good season this year and he will be worth a lot more than wolves paid for him.

I suppose there's similarities with players like Zaha. You never would have guessed how good he would go on to be from his time with us, but the talent was there
    I’m sure I heard someone on the radio say palace haven’t won a game when without zaha in something stupid like 20 games

I’ve always wondered why the billionaire Chinese owners selected Wolves for their project. Given their wealth they could have had their pick of any one of a number of Premier League or Championship clubs many of whom are bigger and have far more potential to grow than Wolverhampton Wanderers. No offence but a mediocre town in the Black Country doesn’t strike me as a likely place to realise your ambitions to become one of the biggest clubs in Europe, guess there must be a reason though

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    I’ve always wondered why the billionaire Chinese owners selected Wolves for their project. Given their wealth they could have had their pick of any one of a number of Premier League or Championship clubs many of whom are bigger and have far more potential to grow than Wolverhampton Wanderers. No offence but a mediocre town in the Black Country doesn’t strike me as a likely place to realise your ambitions to become one of the biggest clubs in Europe, guess there must be a reason though
    Probably Dave Edwards fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’m sure I heard someone on the radio say palace haven’t won a game when without zaha in something stupid like 20 games
    Palace have lost every match he hasn’t appeared in since he returned.

Edit - that’s wrong. Last 11 games he’s hasn’t appeared in apparently, since start of 2017 season.

Portugese Champions League spot by Proxy next season.

They were interviewing Neves on the radio, the interviewer asked what's it like living in Wolverhampton, Neves reply was "it's not too far from Manchester"

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    They were interviewing Neves on the radio, the interviewer asked what's it like living in Wolverhampton, Neves reply was "it's not too far from Manchester"
    A stepping stone away