+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is happening in Ken Zohore's head?

Re: What is happening in Ken Zohore's head?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Zohore is massively overrated by many City fans imo, I'd take Ward over him any day. I don't think Ken is a natural striker and I've said it for some time

The idea we play better with him is astounding to me, we really don't. Our best performance of the season came with Ward and Reid as willing runners up front, Ken doesn't provide that. We played well at Chelsea and were in the game until Bamba's moment of madness, Ward was excellent in holding the ball up and showed willing. With Ken we tend to lump it long and hope for the best. Ward has earned his place in the side and should stay there until Zohore has earned the place back
    We didn't always lump it up to Ken, he has pretty good movement and pace and if we play to his strengths he's by far our best striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We didn't always lump it up to Ken, he has pretty good movement and pace and if we play to his strengths he's by far our best striker.
    Agree with City123....Ward a much better option. Zohore doesnt look interested and doesnt at the moment deserve to be anywhere near the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Agree with City123....Ward a much better option. Zohore doesnt look interested and doesnt at the moment deserve to be anywhere near the starting lineup.
    Bit harsh on Zohore really, he missed half of pre season, and in recent games has had barely any time to make an impact, you can't judge anything from 5 minutes off the bench

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I sometimes wonder if he's always at the right fittness level,he looks at times weighty.
    Was given extra time off with the birth of his child and rewarded the club by coming back 6 pound over his target weight for pre season training.

We all want more from him but i suspect he isnt really upto this level. Hes not mobile enough and just looks a big fairly slow lump

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Zohore is massively overrated by many City fans imo, I'd take Ward over him any day. I don't think Ken is a natural striker and I've said it for some time

The idea we play better with him is astounding to me, we really don't. Our best performance of the season came with Ward and Reid as willing runners up front, Ken doesn't provide that. We played well at Chelsea and were in the game until Bamba's moment of madness, Ward was excellent in holding the ball up and showed willing. With Ken we tend to lump it long and hope for the best. Ward has earned his place in the side and should stay there until Zohore has earned the place back
    You can’t compare Ward and Zohore’s performances. Zohore was left up front on his own with the other 9 players out of touch in a very defensive approach. Ward has had the benefit of playing with Reid and a more attacking line up. Apples and oranges. Ward has done well but Zohore is far more talented if we can get the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think much goes on in Ken's head, he's the most expressionless player we have. In my opinion I don't think he's a natural goal scorer, he's not great in the box or off set pieces, and for a team that plays with wingers and a heavy reliance from set pieces, that's not great. I've said on a couple of occasions that I don't really know what kind of player he is.
    You obviously didn't see the goals he scored last season against Burton, Preston and Fulham then. A curling left foot shot into the corner from the edge of the box, a fifty yard run beating three players with a dink over the goalie to finish and a twenty five yard thunderbolt into the top corner on the run. All top quality goals from a top quality player, who is low on confidence and fitness so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    Was given extra time off with the birth of his child and rewarded the club by coming back 6 pound over his target weight for pre season training.
    6 pound isn't much, I've had bigger shits than that

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously didn't see the goals he scored last season against Burton, Preston and Fulham then. A curling left foot shot into the corner from the edge of the box, a fifty yard run beating three players with a dink over the goalie to finish and a twenty five yard thunderbolt into the top corner on the run. All top quality goals from a top quality player, who is low on confidence and fitness so far this season.
    The Preston one was two seasons ago.

I think he’s our best striker. We were much better last season with him in the team. I’d want to see him with hoilet Ward and Murphy providing when we play teams outside the top 6. Especially at home. He can do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thanks for reiterating my point . I said that he's not great in the box or off set pieces. You obviously agree with me

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    We all want more from him but i suspect he isnt really upto this level. Hes not mobile enough and just looks a big fairly slow lump
    If you've always thought Zohore was slow then I have to wonder if you've ever seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if this is true, but how do you know it is?

If it is true, then I would have thought Neil Warnock is one of the last managers you'd be wanting to do something like that to.

It baffles me how a professional footballer in Zohore's position can get away with not even realistically challenging for many headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It baffles me how a professional footballer in Zohore's position can get away with not even realistically challenging for many headers.
    I think Ward has won more headers this season than Zohore in the whole of last year.

The fact that Madine is selected ahead of Zahore suggests that he's not impressing NW in training.
    It could be that the poor bloke is suffering sleepless nights with his new youngster and maybe even having trouble with his post natal wife.

We've all been there and it can take its toll

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Thanks for reiterating my point . I said that he's not great in the box or off set pieces. You obviously agree with me
    You also said that he wasn't a natural goal scorer. The Preston goal was finished from inside the box as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I've heard he's interested in opening a world of cars as has been offered an excellent price on signage and only has to bring in a T and N himself.
    might get a sponsorship deal as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    6 pound isn't much, I've had bigger shits than that
    I got banned from Weightwatchers for the same comment, I thought I said it quietly, but 30+ females turned round in horror! (yes I was the only male there!)

Quote Originally Posted by liono158 View Post
    You can’t compare Ward and Zohore’s performances. Zohore was left up front on his own with the other 9 players out of touch in a very defensive approach. Ward has had the benefit of playing with Reid and a more attacking line up. Apples and oranges. Ward has done well but Zohore is far more talented if we can get the best out of him.
    I can compare the two performances. The reason Ward had support was because he can actually hold the ball up, his first touch is great and it sticks to him almost every time allowing the rest of the team to move up, he also chases everything own, something that cannot be said of Zohore

I think Zohore's a decent player but Ward doesn't deserve to be dropped and Zohore doesn't deserve to be reinstated to the starting lineup. Zohore is being afforded more leeway than he deserves here and is being given more than a lot of other players would receive and I really can't figure out why.