+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is happening in Ken Zohore's head?

What is happening in Ken Zohore's head?

I was hoping that big Ken would step up again this season but it appears that he's gone into hiding instead.

I hope NW and co are working with him to instil the belief we need him to have this year. Having watched a few games now we don't seem to have any other players who MIGHT have the ability to create a moment of magic out of nothing.

I know I'm grasping at straws at present as his head doesn't seem to be in the right place - but we will need him to do his bit this year if we are to have a chance of staying up.

Re: What is happening in Ken Zohore's head?

I don’t think it helps that no one sings his name anymore. He was on the pitch vs Newcastle and Huddersfield and we’re all singing Danny Danny Ward. Must be demoralising. Poor lad.

I don't think much goes on in Ken's head, he's the most expressionless player we have. In my opinion I don't think he's a natural goal scorer, he's not great in the box or off set pieces, and for a team that plays with wingers and a heavy reliance from set pieces, that's not great. I've said on a couple of occasions that I don't really know what kind of player he is.

I sometimes wonder if he's always at the right fittness level,he looks at times weighty.

I've heard he's interested in opening a world of cars as has been offered an excellent price on signage and only has to bring in a T and N himself.

I think one if the issues he has in the PL players are generally quicker and stronger. For me he has everything but not any one particular skill is outstanding which means he's no longer quicker than Centre backs and isn't able to physically dominate him. I'd personally still play him as he can work the channels well which is what we need.

He's never looked the most natural footballer but he's got the physical attributes which help.

Gastede #2 ?

a 6ft+ striker who can't head the ball..playing in a team that plays a long ball style...no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I sometimes wonder if he's always at the right fittness level,he looks at times weighty.
    That's been remarked upon by others - e.g. Nathan Blake.

I'm a Zohore fan, but, as I said in my blog piece yesterday, I had a bad feeling about him when he came on against Betis - he was warming up right in front of me that afternoon and it seemed to me that he was carrying a bit of excess weight.

The only way we have a chance of staying up this season is if we get the best out of Zohore

He's a no. 10 for me. Needs to play off someone else, he would have more ball to feet, be able to turn and run more with it.

He is physically strong, can hold it up well but he's not an out and out striker.

Other than the headed chances against Newcastle he has had scraps to work with and its just not his game.

I'd love to see him have a run as a proper no. 10 but just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    a 6ft+ striker who can't head the ball..playing in a team that plays a long ball style...no thanks
    Ive said this all along. He ducks from high balls all the time. In the box a bit hit and miss (excuse the pun). Will never ever make it in Prem. Give me Ward or Madine before him every time.

i hope he does step up...

but ive said it before, superb at championship level... in which case just like dwight gayle

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I was hoping that big Ken would step up again this season but it appears that he's gone into hiding instead.

I hope NW and co are working with him to instil the belief we need him to have this year. Having watched a few games now we don't seem to have any other players who MIGHT have the ability to create a moment of magic out of nothing.

I know I'm grasping at straws at present as his head doesn't seem to be in the right place - but we will need him to do his bit this year if we are to have a chance of staying up.
    I don't know what is going on INSIDE Kenneth's head but his forehead seems to be shaped like a 50 pence piece.

Just kidding of course ...... ;-)

I'm not a fan. First and foremost if you aint getting the ball you have got to go looking for it. I've watched him and he spends far too much time with his hands on his hips. Couple this with not being able to head a ball then he is just 1 dimensional. He needs the ball at his feet running towards goal which at championship level he was pretty decent.
    I just don't understand how he can't work on those other parts of his game they get paid enough bloody money.

We make more chances when Zohore is in the side, be is by far our best striker.
    He isn't good at finishing, but will have a hot streak every so often.
    The only way I can see us staying up this season is if we get him playing to his abit

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He's a no. 10 for me. Needs to play off someone else, he would have more ball to feet, be able to turn and run more with it.

He is physically strong, can hold it up well but he's not an out and out striker.

Other than the headed chances against Newcastle he has had scraps to work with and its just not his game.

I'd love to see him have a run as a proper no. 10 but just don't see it happening.
    Zohore at no. 10 and Reid and no. 9 would be quite amusing, a new take on the little 'un and a big 'un

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Zohore at no. 10 and Reid and no. 9 would be quite amusing, a new take on the little 'un and a big 'un
    Zohore, Reid, hoilett and Murphy in an interchanging attacking 4, similar to how Wales played against Ireland with bale, Ramsey, brooks and Lawrence.

The other 6 outfield players there to defend primarily.

My thoughts exactly.

This is exactly how I feel about him. I'd like to try him and Ward together.

There's no excuse for not giving 100% and I don't think Zohore does. In one game last season he lost the ball, chased down the defender on the touchline, won the ball and went on a run where he beat a couple of players.
    It shoes he can do those things, but seems to be aimlessly drifting through games with no real heart in it..

I’ve seen enough of Zohore to believe he has got the technical ability, heading aside. What I would question is his desire to develop into a top player and also his bravery to get stuck into the battle. The club can help him with development but the rest is up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's been remarked upon by others - e.g. Nathan Blake.

I'm a Zohore fan, but, as I said in my blog piece yesterday, I had a bad feeling about him when he came on against Betis - he was warming up right in front of me that afternoon and it seemed to me that he was carrying a bit of excess weight.
    Yes I remember you pointing that out in your blog at the time, he looked like he could not be bothered , your would have thought against a top opposition such as Real Betis ,live on television , a fresh season ,first game he should be leaping about .

I would love it if the club regulated its players were we publish the return from close season actual fitness measurement reports , hey were buying the product ,why shouldn't we see the outputs of our investment .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I remember you pointing that out in your blog at the time, he looked like he could not be bothered , your would have thought against a top opposition such as Real Betis ,live on television , a fresh season ,first game he should be leaping about .

I would love it if the club regulated its players were we publish the return from close season actual fitness measurement reports , hey were buying the product ,why shouldn't we see the outputs of our investment .
    Interesting idea about publishing actual fitness data - but perhaps not in the middle of the transfer window

Zohore is massively overrated by many City fans imo, I'd take Ward over him any day. I don't think Ken is a natural striker and I've said it for some time

The idea we play better with him is astounding to me, we really don't. Our best performance of the season came with Ward and Reid as willing runners up front, Ken doesn't provide that. We played well at Chelsea and were in the game until Bamba's moment of madness, Ward was excellent in holding the ball up and showed willing. With Ken we tend to lump it long and hope for the best. Ward has earned his place in the side and should stay there until Zohore has earned the place back