+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is happening in Ken Zohore's head?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What is happening in Ken Zohore's head?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He's a no. 10 for me. Needs to play off someone else, he would have more ball to feet, be able to turn and run more with it.

He is physically strong, can hold it up well but he's not an out and out striker.

Other than the headed chances against Newcastle he has had scraps to work with and its just not his game.

I'd love to see him have a run as a proper no. 10 but just don't see it happening.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He's a no. 10 for me. Needs to play off someone else, he would have more ball to feet, be able to turn and run more with it.

He is physically strong, can hold it up well but he's not an out and out striker.

Other than the headed chances against Newcastle he has had scraps to work with and its just not his game.

I'd love to see him have a run as a proper no. 10 but just don't see it happening.
    This is exactly how I feel about him. I'd like to try him and Ward together.

There's no excuse for not giving 100% and I don't think Zohore does. In one game last season he lost the ball, chased down the defender on the touchline, won the ball and went on a run where he beat a couple of players.
    It shoes he can do those things, but seems to be aimlessly drifting through games with no real heart in it..

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    a 6ft+ striker who can't head the ball..playing in a team that plays a long ball style...no thanks
    Ive said this all along. He ducks from high balls all the time. In the box a bit hit and miss (excuse the pun). Will never ever make it in Prem. Give me Ward or Madine before him every time.

i hope he does step up...

but ive said it before, superb at championship level... in which case just like dwight gayle

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I was hoping that big Ken would step up again this season but it appears that he's gone into hiding instead.

I hope NW and co are working with him to instil the belief we need him to have this year. Having watched a few games now we don't seem to have any other players who MIGHT have the ability to create a moment of magic out of nothing.

I know I'm grasping at straws at present as his head doesn't seem to be in the right place - but we will need him to do his bit this year if we are to have a chance of staying up.
    I don't know what is going on INSIDE Kenneth's head but his forehead seems to be shaped like a 50 pence piece.

Just kidding of course ...... ;-)

I'm not a fan. First and foremost if you aint getting the ball you have got to go looking for it. I've watched him and he spends far too much time with his hands on his hips. Couple this with not being able to head a ball then he is just 1 dimensional. He needs the ball at his feet running towards goal which at championship level he was pretty decent.
    I just don't understand how he can't work on those other parts of his game they get paid enough bloody money.

We make more chances when Zohore is in the side, be is by far our best striker.
    He isn't good at finishing, but will have a hot streak every so often.
    The only way I can see us staying up this season is if we get him playing to his abit

I’ve seen enough of Zohore to believe he has got the technical ability, heading aside. What I would question is his desire to develop into a top player and also his bravery to get stuck into the battle. The club can help him with development but the rest is up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We didn't always lump it up to Ken, he has pretty good movement and pace and if we play to his strengths he's by far our best striker.
    Agree with City123....Ward a much better option. Zohore doesnt look interested and doesnt at the moment deserve to be anywhere near the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Agree with City123....Ward a much better option. Zohore doesnt look interested and doesnt at the moment deserve to be anywhere near the starting lineup.
    Bit harsh on Zohore really, he missed half of pre season, and in recent games has had barely any time to make an impact, you can't judge anything from 5 minutes off the bench

We all want more from him but i suspect he isnt really upto this level. Hes not mobile enough and just looks a big fairly slow lump

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    We all want more from him but i suspect he isnt really upto this level. Hes not mobile enough and just looks a big fairly slow lump
    If you've always thought Zohore was slow then I have to wonder if you've ever seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously didn't see the goals he scored last season against Burton, Preston and Fulham then. A curling left foot shot into the corner from the edge of the box, a fifty yard run beating three players with a dink over the goalie to finish and a twenty five yard thunderbolt into the top corner on the run. All top quality goals from a top quality player, who is low on confidence and fitness so far this season.
    The Preston one was two seasons ago.

I think he’s our best striker. We were much better last season with him in the team. I’d want to see him with hoilet Ward and Murphy providing when we play teams outside the top 6. Especially at home. He can do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It baffles me how a professional footballer in Zohore's position can get away with not even realistically challenging for many headers.
    I think Ward has won more headers this season than Zohore in the whole of last year.

The fact that Madine is selected ahead of Zahore suggests that he's not impressing NW in training.
    It could be that the poor bloke is suffering sleepless nights with his new youngster and maybe even having trouble with his post natal wife.

We've all been there and it can take its toll