+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Semi Ajayi

Semi Ajayi

Back in the Championship and seemingly doing very well with Rotherham.
    Looking at one of their forums they have a vote on motm after each game and he's won 3 of them so far.
    In surprised we got rid when we did as he was still very young for a centre back and has all the attributes to be very good.
    We are strong in that position, but it's always good to have up and coming youngsters fighting for a place

Re: Semi Ajayi

I think he wasn’t going to improve without playing regular at a lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I think he wasn’t going to improve without playing regular at a lower level.
    That's what loans are for right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He got dropped by Rotherham in their playoff run in, and only played because of an injury to Ihiekwe. He's playing regularly and good luck to him but I don't think we could continue to keep him indefinitely. He's 24 now (and will be 25 in 2 months) and isn't as good as Bamba, Manga and Morrison. Players will want to get some roots down so I don't think it's fair to ask someone to constantly be loaned out. He's kicked on but will he ever be good enough to be a regular for us? I don't know but I'd doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He got dropped by Rotherham in their playoff run in, and only played because of an injury to Ihiekwe. He's playing regularly and good luck to him but I don't think we could continue to keep him indefinitely. He's 24 now (and will be 25 in 2 months) and isn't as good as Bamba, Manga and Morrison. Players will want to get some roots down so I don't think it's fair to ask someone to constantly be loaned out. He's kicked on but will he ever be good enough to be a regular for us? I don't know but I'd doubt it.
    I think he had potential, and could yet make it at a bigger club if he continues to have a good season. Perhaps just unfortunate he was here at a time we had spent almost £10 million on Morrison and manga and then also picked up bamba

Good luck to the lad I seem to think TOBW who watched him , thought he was a decent player .