+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hayes Island Snack Bar

Hayes Island Snack Bar

It's part of our heritage and as identifiable Cardiff landmark as the Central Market and Cardiff Castle. This is a great read. The revival of a city legend...
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...k-bar-15153916

Re: Hayes Island Snack Bar

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    It's part of our heritage and as identifiable Cardiff landmark as the Central Market and Cardiff Castle. This is a great read. The revival of a city legend...
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...k-bar-15153916
    Gosh , how times and places have changed .

I loved Asteys ,what a landmark and central point of our life's that was, with the bus station being an important transport start and finish point.

And of course the collection point of ones footy echo

Well, I'm amazed that WOL has actually written an article not only relevant to Cardiff/Wales, but have actually taken the time to speak to the people involved (the owner) and not just make it up for click bait.

Still a shit website though.

Good read that, thanks for posting it - it did surprise me that it had only been a snack bar since 1948 though.

Have to admit I haven't used the snack bar in a long time but next time I hit the big city will make a bee line. Great article.

What a great read. As a former Cardiff resident I went into the City Centre for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago. The snack bar has been smartened up considerably so well done to the owners for keeping this old building going. It was great to see the contrast between the old and new which adds much needed character to that part of the City Centre

It will never be the same without that bloke in the white catering jacket who never smiled.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There is a lot of clickbait on the WoL page, especially sports pages, but there have been a lot of good longer stories recently too. Some really interesting ones about drugs in South Wales for example.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There is a lot of clickbait on the WoL page, especially sports pages, but there have been a lot of good longer stories recently too. Some really interesting ones about drugs in South Wales for example.
    Do agree

Asteys, away fans out of train station. Clocked at Asteys.

Then they headed up towards the Avana and had to deal with The Tudor,

Then decide if they wanted to cut down grangetown past The Neville and Cornwall or up into Canton hitting the Wyndham first and up towards the Ninian.

What was the boozer on Ninian Park Road. Demolished years ago where the playground is halfway up?

Feedback

The Craddock?

Yes. Top man!