+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I saw at least four Premier League sides City would have a decent chance of beating over the last four days.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I saw at least four Premier League sides City would have a decent chance of beating over the last four days.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Burnley were over run at Wolves, Everton dreadful against West Ham and neither Southampton or Brighton looked up to much last night. I'd give us a chance in home matches with West Ham and Wolves as well, while, at the moment, Spurs look a little like the top six side that become also rans (there always tends to be one every year) pretty quickly and, if that is the case, the New Years game down here could be interesting.

In saying that, I did mention in my Chelsea blog piece that I reckon we could be underdogs in every game we play this season, so it's perfectly possible that we end up with a very poor points return against the teams I've mentioned as well, but anyone who saw the four live matches Sky put out this weekend will have seen evidence that the Premier League is not the hugely daunting place that it's often made out to be.
    If we had a striker[s], yes, but even if we compete and create chances we don't have anyone of Premiership quality to put those chances away. How we didn't get anyone in the close season is beyond me...

Re: I saw at least four Premier League sides City would have a decent chance of beating over the last four days.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If we had a striker[s], yes, but even if we compete and create chances we don't have anyone of Premiership quality to put those chances away. How we didn't get anyone in the close season is beyond me...
    Seconded.