+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: iPhone X

iPhone X

Is it really worth the upgrade from the 8?

Re: iPhone X

I would say not. Didn’t they come out last year together ? Still on my iPhone 6plus, still going strong. Once the new ones are out I will prob get an 8 off eBay.

Yeah I’d say so. The iPhone 8 last of that design. The iPhone X the first of the new all screen design.

I’ve got the Iphone X. Definite upgrade on the previous phones. If I was you i’d look at the new IPhone XR though.

Ah but the BIG question is, can you still reverse the charges?
    My mother used to go crazy when I used to do that after being stuck in town with no money.

Doubtless many wondering "WTF is he on about!"

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ah but the BIG question is, can you still reverse the charges?
    My mother used to go crazy when I used to do that after being stuck in town with no money.

Doubtless many wondering "WTF is he on about!"
    I think I'm still in The Busby Club?

Is it really worth paying the premium for iPhones? I currently use a Huawei Honorary 9 after having had a OnePlus one (which I still use for various purposes). I always buy in cash (much more possible to do with these cheaper phones) and can't the thought of a two-year contract.
    Am I really missing out on anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    I think I'm still in The Busby Club?
    I'm with you

Another couple of telephone things my mother used to go mad about, remember number 16... "The post office dial a disk service" and 8081 the clock?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is it really worth paying the premium for iPhones? I currently use a Huawei Honorary 9 after having had a OnePlus one (which I still use for various purposes). I always buy in cash (much more possible to do with these cheaper phones) and can't the thought of a two-year contract.
    At the risk of sparking an Android / Apple debate , I’d say it is not worth the premium price you pay. For what most people use a phone for these days , a £200 device would be absolutely fine.

There are however some features which make apple more appealing such as IMessage , easier to use software, integration across different devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    At the risk of sparking an Android / Apple debate , I’d say it is not worth the premium price you pay. For what most people use a phone for these days , a £200 device would be absolutely fine.

There are however some features which make apple more appealing such as IMessage , easier to use software, integration across different devices.
    Honor 9 was changed by autocorrect However, the omission of the word 'bear' was my error. A thousand apologies :tbg:

Honor 9 was changed by autocorrect However, the omission of the word 'bear' was my error. A thousand apologies :tbg:
    Maybe it wouldn’t have happened on an apple device!

I dont think you are no.
    Yes they have some nice features such as messenger but is it that different from simply texting someone or using Whattsapp?

There is an awful lot of snobbery around their products and those that use them.

The only difference between Android and IOS these days is imessage and compatibility across (Apple) devices.

Android will work on anything, and it's come a long way. A lot of the features iphone users get excited about these days, have been in Android phones for months/years already. Don't be blinded by the logo/easy to use software. All apps are easy to use.

iOS, for me, is much easier to use than the Android devices I have used. That’s just my personal opinion. Comparing the same apps written for both, I often find the Apple version is better/easier to use/more feature rich.

I don’t buy my phones new, I get a 1 year old model for half price on eBay. I like the fact that the Apple App Store is quite tight on standards compared to Google (though still not perfect)

Technically, high end Android phones like Samsung are ahead of the game with their hardware but they compare price wise with Apple. Some of the Chinese versions (e.g. OnePlus) are good phones and cheaper too.

I would not spend £1000 on a phone, Apple or otherwise.

I've been buying Xiaomi phones recently, the mi A1 and A2 are quality budget phones with Excellent cameras. The pocophone is a top spec phone at a budget price and the mi 8 is essentially an IPhone X for a third of the price.

Their miui operating system is like iOS bit with the flexibility and openness of android. And the A1 and A2 come with vanilla android.

I watched an interesting interview not so long ago, and a guy was talking about how insanely undervalued Iphones are (his points can be used for all smart phones, but he just happened to be talking about apple)

As when you put into perspective, that we use these devises as our alarms, fitness trackers, e-mailing, internet search, enterainment, music, radio ect, business use, scheduling ect.

and then calculate the time we spend on them, the cost per use is extremely low, in other words a fair price for a smartphone could be £3,000-£5000 a year when we calculated the use, and due to the necessity of them the majority of us would easily still pay that.

thankfully for us it is a very competitive market and the large companies do not seem interested in locking up the market.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Is it really worth the upgrade from the 8?
    I have one. I don't really like it. Prefer my 6S.

Miui 10 is back to an Android look, which given it was built on Android isn’t surprising.

I'm with you

Another couple of telephone things my mother used to go mad about, remember number 16... "The post office dial a disk service" and 8081 the clock?
    Wasn't it 106?

I'm with you

I remember when we had a “party line”. You could pick up the phone and eavesdrop on your neighbours telephone conversation

Also my mother had a padlocked dial on the phone. It would only allow you to dial 999 in an emergency. If you wanted to make any other call you had to put money in a tin that sat by the telephone on the telephone table.

And last but not least, the pop up phone book.

The good old days

We had a lock on our phone. I could pick it open it with a pair of scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We had a lock on our phone. I could pick it open it with a pair of scissors.
    The smart kids could tap out the number

No using the phone before 6 o'clock either. Had to wait for the cheap rate to start.