+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chesterfield fan Peter Stockton emotional call

Chesterfield fan Peter Stockton emotional call

https://twitter.com/footballheaven/s...969611271?s=21

Great listening from this gentleman. RIP sir.

Re: Chesterfield fan Peter Stockton emotional call

Some of our so called 'fans' who post on here could do with listening to this mans words and be grateful that we still have a football club to follow.

What a lovely man and such wise words.

Supporters of any team take note.
    It is a beautiful game and we as suppprters plus the owners are merely the custodians of the club and duty bound to make sure the club, hopefully prospers, but more importantly is still around for future generations.

Talk of spending, nay speculating, tens of millions just to survive in the greedy league makes me

RIP Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Some of our so called 'fans' who post on here could do with listening to this mans words and be grateful that we still have a football club to follow.
    Why?

I check to see how Chesterfield get on now and again, got a really good mate who’s a fan.
    RIP Peter, hopefully they do bounce back for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    What a lovely man and such wise words.

Supporters of any team take note.
    It is a beautiful game and we as suppprters plus the owners are merely the custodians of the club and duty bound to make sure the club, hopefully prospers, but more importantly is still around for future generations.

Talk of spending, nay speculating, tens of millions just to survive in the greedy league makes me

RIP Peter.
    Those days have gone Mcadder. The greedy league is entertainment for the customers. The championship is the dogs baying for the greedy league.
    Peter Stocktons chesterfield were a little more honest. The fans supporting their team.

So true

Fans of every team are fickle. It’s just that lots of teams fans never have the success to prove it. I started supporting the City in the late 70’s when they were shit. Bottom league dross we were for what seemed an eternity, getting the odd promotion and going back down again.
    Who’d have thought in those days, that in the future, City fans would want them to play weakened teams in cup competitions, because, as some have said on here, we’ve been to Wembley a few times, now it’s the league that’s more important.
    Most on here were ****ing desperate to get to the “ greedy league” as it’s been named it this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Fans of every team are fickle. It’s just that lots of teams fans never have the success to prove it. I started supporting the City in the late 70’s when they were shit. Bottom league dross we were for what seemed an eternity, getting the odd promotion and going back down again.
    Who’d have thought in those days, that in the future, City fans would want them to play weakened teams in cup competitions, because, as some have said on here, we’ve been to Wembley a few times, now it’s the league that’s more important.
    Most on here were ****ing desperate to get to the “ greedy league” as it’s been named it this thread.
    I can’t remember anyone on here being “massively” desperate to get there, especially after last time. I recall threads about us enjoying the chase of it in the championship but when you get to where we are it’s more of an anti-climax. I’m still of that opinion now.

I quite enjoyed the lower leages, it was great going with a few mates and having a third of the Bob Bank terrace all to ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I can’t remember anyone on here being “massively” desperate to get there, especially after last time. I recall threads about us enjoying the chase of it in the championship but when you get to where we are it’s more of an anti-climax. I’m still of that opinion now.
    I was talking about the 1st time. Not many gave a shit that we went out of the FA cup, in what was our worst ever exit. The greedy league was the aim of the majority that season

Some interesting comments in this thread.

I am as 'guilty' as the wanting for wanting success, by success I mean play well and win every game. It ain't gonna happen whether you are a City fan, Real Madrid fan or Chesterfield fan.

Supporting Cardiff City means different things to different people, whether it be demanding success and trophies at all costs or simply supporting your local side.
    The things one sees as important can also change as one travels through life with life's ups and downs.

Sometimes it's worth taking a step back and looking at what is important. Peter's words brings that home.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    https://twitter.com/footballheaven/s...969611271?s=21

Great listening from this gentleman. RIP sir.
    RIP sir.

What a clash of generations when the presenter asks if he's done, thinking he'll hear a reactionary fan dropping the team as they fall out the league. In some ways we're becoming a nicer society but in many ways we are losing gentlemen.