+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Spurs boyo plastic on Talksport

Another Spurs boyo plastic on Talksport

This time on the Adrian Durham show. The guy doesn’t like us, but cringeworthy episodes like this will surely give him more ammunition. I thought they were all scousers in Rhondda and Gwent valleys.😡

Re: Another Spurs boyo plastic on Talksport

I can’t take these people seriously and refuse to discuss football with them in work.

If they want to support spurs or Liverpool or whoever then that's their business, us and they know they don't get the same experience watching spurs on sky sports as a fan watching their local team play live, but if that watered down approximation of being a football fan is good enough for them then leave em to it I say

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If they want to support spurs or Liverpool or whoever then that's their business, us and they know they don't get the same experience watching spurs on sky sports as a fan watching their local team play live, but if that watered down approximation of being a football fan is good enough for them then leave em to it I say
    I don't get it myself but what annoys me most is if Man United beat us and then my mate starts giving me banter about how shit we are.

He's lived here his whole life but supports a club he has no links to purely because they won things in the 90s.

He has no right to any banter. I'd rather get mugged off by a jack or a real Leeds fan (not the plastic sort that comes on here)

I also saw a full kit wanker in a Liverpool kit other week. Full kit is wrong, plastic scouser is wrong, combine the two and there has to be some sort of difficulties there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I don't get it myself but what annoys me most is if Man United beat us and then my mate starts giving me banter about how shit we are.

He's lived here his whole life but supports a club he has no links to purely because they won things in the 90s.

He has no right to any banter. I'd rather get mugged off by a jack or a real Leeds fan (not the plastic sort that comes on here)
    This is when I laugh at them and say that I can’t take them seriously if they follow foreign clubs they’ve only ever seen on tv. They soon pipe down.

As football fans know you don’t choose your club. This plastic supporter experience is something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I can’t take these people seriously and refuse to discuss football with them in work.
    And me its pointless,I noticed they are so narrow minded they know very lintel about football other than their insular world of supporting one of these clubs ,its like they are ordering their favorite take away over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Is there a Welsh football club that hasn't been through serious financial difficulties? How much money is going to London via merchandise and potentially tickets each year that otherwise could have been kept in Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

True city fans would never ever use 'Banter' and 'Mugged off', jog on mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    This is when I laugh at them and say that I can’t take them seriously if they follow foreign clubs they’ve only ever seen on tv. They soon pipe down.
    I like to say things like, "How long have you lived here, you seem to have lost your accent" or "I know Tottenham quite well, I worked in the area a lot, where did you live up there?" Or thee classic when seeing someone in in a Liverpool/ Chelsea/ Man Utd etc kit, "Hope you're enjoying your holiday"