+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Abuse accustations against Supreme Court nominee Judge Kavanaugh

Re: Abuse accustations against Supreme Court nominee Judge Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Keep waffling.
    You are starting to come across as being slightly deluded here, what happened to your self-awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You are starting to come across as being slightly deluded here, what happened to your self-awareness?
    Talking about self-awareness, how you getting on with the evidence to support your explicit statement that the FBI has exonerated Kavanaugh?

Friend of Dr. Ford Felt Pressure to Revisit Statement

Bestie "beach friend" of Ford involved!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-...ent-1538715152

Friend of Dr. Ford Felt Pressure to Revisit Statement

Bestie "beach friend" of Ford involved!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/friend-...ent-1538715152
    WASHINGTON – A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.

Leland Keyser, who Dr. Ford has said was present at the gathering where she was allegedly assaulted in the 1980s, told investigators that Monica McLean, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and a friend of Dr. Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement, the people said.

[…] On Thursday, a day after sending to the White House the report on its investigation into the allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, the FBI sent the White House and Senate an additional package of information that included text messages from Ms. McLean to Ms. Keyser, according to a person familiar with the matter.

McClean's lawyer is a former DOJ NSD attorney, the same group who were targeting Trump

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Talking about self-awareness, how you getting on with the evidence to support your explicit statement that the FBI has exonerated Kavanaugh?
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    bump
    Sorry mate, bit busy now, will get back to you later

It looks like Kavanaugh is in? He's even got Democrats supporting him.

It looks like Kavanaugh is in? He's even got Democrats supporting him.

Nothing of course to do with the fact that he is standing for re election shortly in an area that voted strongly for Trump in the presidential election!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Nothing of course to do with the fact that he is standing for re election shortly in an area that voted strongly for Trump in the presidential election!!
    Proof that some Democrats do have brains

Sen. Susan Collins who is a moderate and not a Trump fan has bravely called this one out and
    changed the landscape .
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-trump-n917261

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sen. Susan Collins who is a moderate and not a Trump fan has bravely called this one out and
    changed the landscape .
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-trump-n917261
    All of the senators will already know that Dr Ford and her lawyer high school friend were asking other witnesses to change their testimony. This information is included in the FBI report that was delivered to congress. They also have all of the communications data. That's why the investigation was over so quickly, and there was no need to speak to all the other witnesses that the democrats were making a noise about.

I thought Dr Ford made a more sympathetic and convincing witness than Judge Kavanaugh, but haven't got a clue as to whether there was any truth in her allegations or not. My natural anti Trump instincts made me hope they were true, but, like anyone else who wasn't there, I have to rely on guesswork.

Therefore, it's interesting to see that, apart from one Republican and one Democrat who voted the "wrong" way, thereby cancelling each other out, the vote yesterday went along on completely predictable lines with party politics being the deciding factor in 98% of the voters - all seems quite "swampish" to me.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/05/p...ote/index.html

It was the same on here with it being easy to predict who all bar one of the contributors to this thread (TBG) were siding with before reading what they had to say - just seeing their names was enough to know. Before anyone accuses me of arrogantly putting myself above such things, I should say that I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but, unlike the person with has over 10,000 posts against his name and 90 per cent of them, at least, must be about American politics, I like to think I can admit when I'm wrong and do not believe, as is indicated in everything he posts on the subject, that one side is completely in the right and the other completely in the wrong - the world is becoming a f*cked up place and I dread to think where it's going to end unless people, myself included, become better at seeing the other side of an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought Dr Ford made a more sympathetic and convincing witness than Judge Kavanaugh
    So did I! She had my sympathy too, but now we are seeing the underlying theme is the same as the Trump Russia Collusion narrative. The lawyer representing Ford's high school friend was involved with the Clinton investigation and the Russia collusion investigation, until he abruptly left the DOJ national security division.

Since most of the posts in the Trump thread are about corruption and collusion of one sort of another, it is to be expected that those talking about it will have one kind of view or another. Furthermore, I only took an interest in this topic because I realised that it goes much further than American politics. The networks involved are global, and the same frameworks are being used in many countries. Therefore any wrongdoing uncovered in the American system will have global ramifications. We have already seen other countries pleading with Trump not to release the Carter Page FISA warrant information which implicates the Obama administration.

Personally, I wish it was all over and we could get back to normal. In fact, I originally thought that it would all be over fairly soon, but I didn't realise the full complexity of the issue, or that the system is set up to defend itself over all other interests. The media don't make things any any easier either, as they are usually complicit in any false narratives. The end result is that many people don't have a clue about what is really going on. The Americans are slowly getting there, and that is how an outsider got into the White House, but we still have a lot to learn about the ways of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought Dr Ford made a more sympathetic and convincing witness than Judge Kavanaugh, but haven't got a clue as to whether there was any truth in her allegations or not. My natural anti Trump instincts made me hope they were true, but, like anyone else who wasn't there, I have to rely on guesswork.

Therefore, it's interesting to see that, apart from one Republican and one Democrat who voted the "wrong" way, thereby cancelling each other out, the vote yesterday went along on completely predictable lines with party politics being the deciding factor in 98% of the voters - all seems quite "swampish" to me.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/05/p...ote/index.html

It was the same on here with it being easy to predict who all bar one of the contributors to this thread (TBG) were siding with before reading what they had to say - just seeing their names was enough to know. Before anyone accuses me of arrogantly putting myself above such things, I should say that I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but, unlike the person with has over 10,000 posts against his name and 90 per cent of them, at least, must be about American politics, I like to think I can admit when I'm wrong and do not believe, as is indicated in everything he posts on the subject, that one side is completely in the right and the other completely in the wrong - the world is becoming a f*cked up place and I dread to think where it's going to end unless people, myself included, become better at seeing the other side of an argument.
    Hasn't it always been this way? One would have to be dependent on the opposing party thinking in a rational and honest way and no-one really trusts each other that much. Being reasonable has taken a kicking in recent years but it's underpinned by a partisan and almost religious fervour that is never far beneath the surface (and is often on the surface).

Trouble with debate or controversial events like this or Brexit ones argument is likely to be tainted by your political beliefs, anti Trumpys, couldnt wait to jump on the bandwagon.

With Brexit ,no matter how good a deal May gets it will be crap in the eyes of Labour voters ,because of the hatred towards her and her party .

I remember the Salisbury incident, lots of suggestions that the goverment were wrong, loads of point scoring, accusations, now silence from a lot folk .

Politics of envy I guess , it's not a weakness to sometimes see the good in others .

Brett Kavanaugh nomination: Victory for Trump in Supreme Court vote

The US Senate has voted to confirm President Donald Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court, after weeks of rancorous debate.

The Senate backed Brett Kavanaugh's nomination by 50 votes to 48.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45774174

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Trouble with debate or controversial events like this or Brexit ones argument is likely to be tainted by your political beliefs, anti Trumpys, couldnt wait to jump on the bandwagon.

With Brexit ,no matter how good a deal May gets it will be crap in the eyes of Labour voters ,because of the hatred towards her and her party .

I remember the Salisbury incident, lots of suggestions that the goverment were wrong, loads of point scoring, accusations, now silence from a lot folk .

Politics of envy I guess , it's not a weakness to sometimes see the good in others .
    If you think the main reason there are people unhappy with what's happening with brexit is "I don't like the Tories" then you live on another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If you think the main reason there are people unhappy with what's happening with brexit is "I don't like the Tories" then you live on another planet.
    People aren't blind, they can see what is happening in America. The mask is slipping and the globalists days are numbered. We are still controlled by the media, but that is changing. People all over the world are fed up with the deceit, and the judgement day is coming. Once a critical mass is achieved, the force will be unstoppable.

Draining the swamp Trump Style #5,770,558

I
    People aren't blind, they can see what is happening in America. The mask is slipping and the globalists days are numbered. We are still controlled by the media, but that is changing. People all over the world are fed up with the deceit, and the judgement day is coming. Once a critical mass is achieved, the force will be unstoppable.

Problem I have with your theory is that mass swathes of the media in this country are controlled by Rupert Murdoch who also controls a lot of media globally. He and his outlets espouse your views and they’re on a world wide scale.

So if indeed there are globalists they’re not restricted to the liberal media as you seem to define them solely being.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I

Problem I have with your theory is that mass swathes of the media in this country are controlled by Rupert Murdoch who also controls a lot of media globally. He and his outlets espouse your views and they’re on a world wide scale.

So if indeed there are globalists they’re not restricted to the liberal media as you seem to define them solely being.
    I was talking about all of the news organisations. Social media is emerging as the place where people share ideas.

CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD HAS NO PLANS TO FURTHER PURSUE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST BRETT KAVANAUGH: ATTORNEY

https://abc7news.com/amp/politics/fo...rther/4427136/

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I

It's no coincidence that Bart O'Kavanaugh used Fox and WSJ to make his case.

It's no coincidence that Bart O'Kavanaugh used Fox and WSJ to make his case.
    Well spotted. The New York Times and Washington Post were too busy fabricating stories against Kavanaugh.

Draining the swamp Trump Style #5,770,558