I thought Dr Ford made a more sympathetic and convincing witness than Judge Kavanaugh, but haven't got a clue as to whether there was any truth in her allegations or not. My natural anti Trump instincts made me hope they were true, but, like anyone else who wasn't there, I have to rely on guesswork.

Therefore, it's interesting to see that, apart from one Republican and one Democrat who voted the "wrong" way, thereby cancelling each other out, the vote yesterday went along on completely predictable lines with party politics being the deciding factor in 98% of the voters - all seems quite "swampish" to me.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/05/p...ote/index.html

It was the same on here with it being easy to predict who all bar one of the contributors to this thread (TBG) were siding with before reading what they had to say - just seeing their names was enough to know. Before anyone accuses me of arrogantly putting myself above such things, I should say that I'm as guilty of it as anyone, but, unlike the person with has over 10,000 posts against his name and 90 per cent of them, at least, must be about American politics, I like to think I can admit when I'm wrong and do not believe, as is indicated in everything he posts on the subject, that one side is completely in the right and the other completely in the wrong - the world is becoming a f*cked up place and I dread to think where it's going to end unless people, myself included, become better at seeing the other side of an argument.