+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Abuse accustations against Supreme Court nominee Judge Kavanaugh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Abuse accustations against Supreme Court nominee Judge Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The difference is that I do not make the grandiose claims you do - I know I get things wrong sometimes and don't mind admitting it. However, as someone who has consistently said I would not have voted for either Trump or Clinton in 2016 if I was an American and that I wouldn't be surprised if the Clinton's were as dodgy as you say they are, I'm not sure where the definitive statement that there was no truth in the Trump Russia Collusion "fairytale" is - has there been one?
    Has there been one? I think the object lesson here is how screwed up the political system really is, how screwed up the media are, how screwed up government institutions are, etc.. I for one never imagined it could have been as bad as it really is, so it has been educational in that respect, and it's all because a relative outsider managed to sneak into the White House. And the most interesting part is we don't even know the half of it. Where does it all end? Who else involved? Will we ever know? One thing is certain, the world is changing, and people are becoming increasingly polarised. For some this has been unsettling, but in a historical context, so far it has been a fairly mild event and a good opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding. Inevitably things will swing back the other way, but hopefully they will be a little different next time, but somehow I doubt it. The Saviles and the Blairs of this world will continue to get away with it, and even armed with all this new knowledge we will let them. So just relax and enjoy the ride, it's only a blip.

PS I wasn't the one making grandiose claims, it was the majority of the established news media, and people like lardy who were responsible for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Has there been one? I think the object lesson here is how screwed up the political system really is, how screwed up the media are, how screwed up government institutions are, etc.. I for one never imagined it could have been as bad as it really is, so it has been educational in that respect, and it's all because a relative outsider managed to sneak into the White House. And the most interesting part is we don't even know the half of it. Where does it all end? Who else involved? Will we ever know? One thing is certain, the world is changing, and people are becoming increasingly polarised. For some this has been unsettling, but in a historical context, so far it has been a fairly mild event and a good opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding. Inevitably things will swing back the other way, but hopefully they will be a little different next time, but somehow I doubt it. The Saviles and the Blairs of this world will continue to get away with it, and even armed with all this new knowledge we will let them. So just relax and enjoy the ride, it's only a blip.

PS I wasn't the one making grandiose claims, it was the majority of the established news media, and people like lardy who were responsible for that!
    No....and I don't have a scoobie might have been a more succinct response!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    No....and I don't have a scoobie might have been a more succinct response!
    Nice counterargument. Keep on drinking the Kool Aid!