+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bale v Roma, CL 8pm.

Bale v Roma, CL 8pm.

It will be interesting to see how our Gaz performs on the big stage without Ronaldo being the main attraction. Talking of which, CR7 is back in Spain, as Juventus take on Valencia.

Re: Bale v Roma, CL 8pm.

Bale Madrid to win.

Strange to see them without Ronaldo. I thought they looked more fluid playing a more expansive game in different areas of the pitch, and with 30 shots 62% possession they have more options now that they don't have to pass to the main man everytime. They still look a bit rusty up front though, they haven't quite jelled with their interplay. I still reckon Ronaldo would have scored 3 or 4 goals if he was on the pitch though!

Bale scored one as well. Good finish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Bale scored one as well. Good finish.
    He should have got 2 or 3, it was a bit of a frustrating night for him. Trying too hard maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Strange to see them without Ronaldo. I thought they looked more fluid playing a more expansive game in different areas of the pitch, and with 30 shots 62% possession they have more options now that they don't have to pass to the main man everytime. They still look a bit rusty up front though, they haven't quite jelled with their interplay. I still reckon Ronaldo would have scored 3 or 4 goals if he was on the pitch though!
    If he'd stayed on the pitch that is

Just when you start to talk some sense you chuck in that last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Just when you start to talk some sense you chuck in that last sentence
    Will the "new" Real eclipse the "old" Real?

Ronaldo was a big game player who always came up with the goods when it really mattered. The side last night were more pleasing on the eye, but it will be interesting to see how they perform when the chips are down.

Will the "new" Real eclipse the "old" Real?

Ronaldo was a big game player who always came up with the goods when it really mattered. The side last night were more pleasing on the eye, but it will be interesting to see how they perform when the chips are down.
    He won 4 champions leagues and hats off to him he’s a brilliant player there’s no denying that but in 9 years at Real Madrid he only won la liga twice which imo is very poor

The Bale chance @ 30secs would have been sensational if it went in. If they manage click up front post-Ronaldo, this team is going to take some stopping.

Was a Ronaldo type finish from bale. He shouldn’t had an hat trick easy mind.