+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dominic Booth in the Echo

Re: Dominic Booth in the Echo

No doubt he's been lurking through every update on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    👍 Snap, suggested he get a job on the Manchester Evening News if he wants to refer to Manchester City as ‘City’.
    I actually put it in Twitter. I've had a couple of likes but no response from Booth.

Do people still read the echo ?

Spot on Steve. Always been City for me.

He should have a look at some back issues of th football Echo.

Cardiff has a few teams with the name Cardiff in, but only one Cardiff City.

Man's a cock. Don't read his garbage.

I have just finished reading 'Bluebird Heaven: Cardiff City's Ten Years of Ups and Downs and a Return to the Promised Land' by Jamie Kemble.

It's only been out a few weeks and was a fair review of the last 10 years. Some sacharine language at times, a few possibly contentious views on Malky and Vincent Tan, an unfortunate habit of labelling the team as masters of 'shithousery', and (like most books of this sort) would have benefited from better proofreading, but nevertheless well worth the read,

The one thing that really annoyed me though, was his use of Dominic Booth in the later chapters as his journalistic touchstone on all things Cardiff City. I know he's the main 'writer' on City for Wales Online and (sort of) runs the Bootroom podcast - but he's only been here for 5 minutes, has little feel for the club, and is as poor a journalist as all the factory chickens who now produce content for what is left of the regional press.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Booth is a prick of the highest regard
    Absolutely this. He's an absolute bellend and I'd pay his train fare back to Mancsville in an instant, if they were stupid enough to offer him a teaboy role.

He's an anti Welsh wind up merchant. Best ignored.

Maybe we should start a Booth out campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Maybe we should start a Booth out campaign.
    Bit harsh. Front page apology will do.

**** THAT. Since when did Manchester own "City"? The bloke should be repremanded and an apology should be issued. That's disrespect to his readership. "City" or "the City" only means one thing to me.