+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ronaldo - Red Card!

Ronaldo - Red Card!

Can not see anything he done wrong here ?

https://twitter.com/search?f=videos&...naldo&src=tyah

Could miss next 3 games including home and away for Man U, I hate Ref's sometimes

Re: Ronaldo - Red Card!

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Can not see anything he done wrong here ?

https://twitter.com/search?f=videos&...naldo&src=tyah

Could miss next 3 games including home and away for Man U, I hate Ref's sometimes
    Didn't look a lot in it TBF.
    Gotta be an appeal and i reckon a good chance of winning it.

Helluva left hook that, left the bloke unconscious. I hope there's no permanent damage!

If you are Refereeing Ronaldo's debut champions league at Juventus, with most of the stadium and everyone around the world tuned in to see him, and there is a soft coming together, you would think you would use a little common sense and not risk sending him off...

If you are Refereeing Ronaldo's debut champions league at Juventus, with most of the stadium and everyone around the world tuned in to see him, and there is a soft coming together, you would think you would use a little common sense and not risk sending him off...
    Doesn't matter who the player is

Doing better without him so are Real Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Doesn't matter who the player is
    ideally yes you judge everyone the same, but referee's have the autonomy to and do use leniency as and when they see fit. I do believe there are occasions when leniency should be used, for example a slightly high foot that could arguably be a yellow or red.. in the first 5 minutes of the world cup final, then imo you should always give yellow, I believe the instance above is a similar circumstance, if your not 100% about sending off the player everyone is their to see right at the start of the game then don't do it

ideally yes you judge everyone the same, but referee's have the autonomy to and do use leniency as and when they see fit. I do believe there are occasions when leniency should be used, for example a slightly high foot that could arguably be a yellow or red.. in the first 5 minutes of the world cup final, then imo you should always give yellow, I believe the instance above is a similar circumstance, if your not 100% about sending off the player everyone is their to see right at the start of the game then don't do it
    So some one takes another player out because of a reckless high foot but because it's in the first 5 mins of a big game he should have a yellow reminds me of that ridiculous decision Howard Webb made not sending off de Jong against Spain

Shouldn’t the ref be 100% in his own mind re. Every sending off, whatever minute of the game it is? A red card offence is a red card offence whenever surely.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    So some one takes another player out because of a reckless high foot but because it's in the first 5 mins of a big game he should have a yellow reminds me of that ridiculous decision Howard Webb made not sending off de Jong against Spain
    I never said dangerous/ reckless, I clearly implied a debatable challenge should be given leniency in high profile occasions

If Ronaldo had headbutted the player i wouldn't be suggesting he should stay on, but a slight pull of hair which looks accidental could be given leniency

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Shouldn’t the ref be 100% in his own mind re. Every sending off, whatever minute of the game it is? A red card offence is a red card offence whenever surely.
    So you have never seen a challenge, and not been 100% if it is a red or yellow, some people will say it could be either or, then some situational thought process can be used, as it is sometimes impossible to follow the letter of the law in an opinion based game

I never said dangerous/ reckless, I clearly implied a debatable challenge should be given leniency in high profile occasions

If Ronaldo had headbutted the player i wouldn't be suggesting he should stay on, but a slight pull of hair which looks accidental could be given leniency
    If the ref sends a player off, in his opinion (and that’s the only opinion that matters at that time) it can’t be debatable. I would have thought he has to be 100% certain, if he thinks it’s debatable the player stays on with a undebatable yellow for a lesser offence.

So you have never seen a challenge, and not been 100% if it is a red or yellow, some people will say it could be either or, then some situational thought process can be used, as it is sometimes impossible to follow the letter of the law in an opinion based game
    But there’s only one opinion that matters and it’s not the opinion of any of the spectators.

Utter nonsense

Gosh what a drama queen , he does touch his head but intent to pull his hair is dubious .
    The game is becoming a bloody big drama the player alledgly in agony needs an Oscar and that sort of reaction needs to be dealt with as well.

This is clearly why Rooney was only given a yellow when he clattered Noone at the CCS and then went on to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    This is clearly why Rooney was only given a yellow when he clattered Noone at the CCS and then went on to score.
    thought it was Mutch..

Madrid win 3-0 without Ronaldo.
    Juve win 2-0 without Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    thought it was Mutch..
    It was 👍

He kicked the guy which is why he was on the floor, that's probably why he got sent off

Where the hell did he kick him, he did not touch the cheating sod