+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 5 MANCHESTER CITY. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 5 MANCHESTER CITY. Match thread

Well we beat them here last time in the league.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY. Match thread

I have a sneaky feeling about this game. Lot happier that DeBryne unfit, just Silva and Sarne to deal with!
    I wonder if Cunningham will come in to support Benett? That would mean leaving Hoilett out and playing with no wingers. Did that against Boro last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Well we beat them here last time in the league.
    Thank goodness they'll be a bit complacent after their midweek victory.

City 0 - 4 Manchester City. Let's get it over with without any injuries or suspensions please.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Thank goodness they'll be a bit complacent after their midweek victory.

City 0 - 4 Manchester City. Let's get it over with without any injuries or suspensions please.
    They lost !

Is man c manager banned and in the stand for this one?

A read of their forum is quite amusing.

Some worried about facing our thugs since we were promoted and others don't want to risk Foden's career against us.

Not sure if actual Manchester people or the type never to have been to Manchester but they seem quite vulnerable and in need of protecting.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    Is man c manager banned and in the stand for this one?
    European ban I'm assuming.

we have Games drawn:20 games , lost 21 ,won 9,is Blake fit

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    They lost !
    You really have had an irony bypass. That explains a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    They lost !

I think we can surprise Man City.
    In the cup that clever early goal by DeBryne took the window out of our sails and we never really recovered.
    I think they are vulnerable, like most teams to crosses in the box and that is where we can hurt them.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of changes in the City team. Cunningham for one may very well play to support Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    In the cup that clever early goal by DeBryne took the window out of our sails and we never really recovered.
    I think they are vulnerable, like most teams to crosses in the box and that is where we can hurt them.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of changes in the City team. Cunningham for one may very well play to support Bennett.
    Can we see Escaped Goats through these windows

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Can we see Escaped Goats through these windows
    No goats for bluebirds today, just plenty of goals!

Cardiff City v Manchester City
    Cardiff City Stadium
    Saturday 22nd September 2018, ko 3:00pm.

Game 6 of the Premier League season and Cardiff face quite a challenge to get their first win. The teams last met earlier this year in a controversial FA Cup tie. The last League meeting was in 2013 when Cardiff shocked the eventual title winners with a 3 - 2 win.

Early team news:

Cardiff midfielder Aron Gunnarsson has suffered a setback in his recovery from a knee injury.

The Iceland international is yet to feature for his club this season. Warnock is due to assess several of his players who are carrying minor knocks but Harry Arter is set to return after illness.

Man City will definitely be without Eliaquim Mangala, Claudio Bravo and Kevin De Bruyne.

There are also doubts regarding the fitness of Benjamin Mendy, meaning Fabian Delph will start at full-back once again.

Sergio Aguero has recovered from his ankle injury and should replace Gabriel Jesus in attack.

C:WindowsTempphp6314.tmp

The Managers:

Neil Warnock:

“He’s (Guardiola) so important there I think it’ll bring the best out of them.

“If you think Pep’s worried about Cardiff City that’s fantastic. He won’t be let me assure you, he’ll be more concerned with own his players because if they play (like they can) they beat everyone in the country, not just Cardiff City.

“As long as we prepare them as best we can to try and make a game of it, I want us to try and enjoy it,” he added.

“It is difficult when you lose but I want them to try and show they can put up a good game against them without just having everyone at the back and defending for our lives all the game.”

Pep Guardiola: (when asked about tackles in the Cup game played earlier in the year)

“I’m not going to discuss a game that happened six or seven months ago, the decisions of the referee. I’m not going to play that game.”

“He’s (Sane) forgotten it. It’s a new game. It’s months ago, a different competition, an FA Cup game. Now it’s a Premier League game.

“We’ll play our game and try to maintain the physicality. It’s happened in all the games and now we try to make a good performance.”

Match Stats:

• This will be the third meeting between Cardiff and Man City in the Premier League, with the previous two encounters providing 11 goals - Cardiff winning 3-2 at home and losing 4-2 at the Etihad in 2013-14.

• Cardiff City have won just one of their 14 Premier League games against the 'big six' sides (W1 D1 L12), losing each of their last 10 conceding 30 goals in the process.

• Cardiff have conceded in each of their last 20 top-flight games against the reigning champions, however the Bluebirds have only failed to score once in the previous 13 such contests - their most recent game against Manchester United in January 2014.

• Cardiff are winless in their last nine Premier League matches (D3 L6) since a 1-0 win at Southampton in April 2014.

• Man City have won eight of their last nine Premier League matches played immediately following a Champions League game, with the exception being a 2-3 home defeat against Manchester United in April.

• Manchester City haven't lost any of their last 31 Premier League games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday (W27 D4), since a 0-1 home defeat against Stoke in August 2014.

• Manchester City have the highest (89.8%) while Cardiff have the lowest (63.6%) passing accuracy in the Premier League this season. The Citizens have attempted 2111 more passes than the Welsh side this season (3462 to 1351).

• Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has scored 12 and assisted two more in his last 12 Premier League games against newly promoted sides. However, he's failed to score in both meetings against such sides this season (vs Wolves and Fulham).

The Officials:

Referee: Michael Oliver
    Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett
    Fourth official: Darren England

This weekend's fixtures:

PLfixtures6.jpg

Fingers crossed we won't be bottom going into next week's 6 pointer.

Will all this rain suit our slick passing game?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Will all this rain suit our slick passing game?
    Lol

Interesting starting 11..

Interesting lineup.

No Bamba, Bennett or Richards.

Cunningham makes his debut

Predicted Cunningham would start, but Bamba benched?

Probably part of the gameplan. It looks like a flat back four with decent mobility. Bamba and Bennett take too many chances at times and we might need slightly calmer heads when we are defending deep today.

TV commentator just said there'd been some illness in the City camp this week. Didn't mention Bamba by name though.

How much are they charging for those blue rain covers? It's weird, they look like empty seats on TV.